Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Welcome Alicia Bowman!

Yeah, you tell 'em Harrison :hugs:

2 Likes

Hey now. You see my avatar, right? Am I not a picture of intellect and sophistication? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

The smartest actually learn all of them so you always can get a gig no matter what is needed :wink:

7 Likes

I second Gunnar! :+1::wink:

1 Like

mic drop…hahaha!

3 Likes

Welcome Alicia,

I think it would be marvelous if you felt drawn to an instrument and took up lessons… because many of us here know this fabulous teacher… :wink:

Alicia, truly… if you have the interest… Just jump in with us and learn. My humble input is that learning about music is like a language - all can participate in the musical conversations created when one plays (or sings, for that matter).

It is NEVER to late to begin for the willing and dedicated student!

Welcome again and do contribute to the forum from time to time, won’t you?

3 Likes

@WillCoop you’ve inspired me!! My dad plays the banjo and guitar (a little :wink:) and he’s been thinking about getting back into it. So maybe i’ll give it a go too!

4 Likes

@aliciabowman,

I played (well, self-taught and TRIED to play) electric guitar (rock) in my youth. I was not good but I really liked it. By the way, I was NOT into Bluegrass at all.

I had an old 120-watt Roland Jazz Chorus amp that my son was using at his music school (he was in a band through the school some he was about 12).

Well, lugging that thing up and down stairs and to his gigs several years ago… his teacher recommended we downsize, right? So… while it was emotional for me to give up, I took it in and traded for a brand new Fender 45-watt amp… Plenty of power for his shows with support of the soundboard.

Realizing trades are notoriously one-sided (Favors the company), I had low expectations for any leftover money… but there WAS.

Having been tired of the lugging and equipment hauls, I suddenly decided to simplify and go accoustic. But… I knew a guitar may have me wishing for the power of electric… so out of my mouth steamed words came, “Give me a Banjo”.

That momentary split-second decision changed me profoundly. Come to say I have my Banjo (a simple, cheap hallowback for now but will upgrade to a Resonator one day), and I found @BanjoBen 's site, became a Lifer.

Then, having access to all 3 instrument lessons, I couldn’t just limit myself to Banjo and “waste” the instructions of the other instruments, could I? :wink:
So, I received an Eastman (purchased from Ben’s Store) for my Birthday! Ironically, it was the very same week that I was picked as GPotW!

My story is: At 50+, it is never too late to grow and discover and learn. My only regret is that I didn’t have all of this years ago… but the support of what @BanjoBen and his team has built is changing lives.

I am honored and blessed to be a part of it -

So… Now I say… Message me back WHAT instrument you decide to learn! :wink::+1:

4 Likes

Those RC-120’s are great amps! But, so are Fender amps. What model is your fender? Just wondering, because 45 watts is still a pretty big amp. I have a 50 watt Pro Reverb and a USA Blues Jr.

3 Likes

@jw11,

I stand corrected. I got my son a FENDER MUSTANG II V.2 COMBO MODELING AMPLIFIER… which specs out at 40w.

Here is a link to a site that shows the model:

2 Likes

Hi @aliciabowman Alicia So now that you’ve settled in, feet firmly planted, have you made any attempt to play banjo banjo

Don’t put off till tomorrow what you could be learning today.

2 Likes