Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Waypoints. Waypoints everywhere!

Now that I have the the waypoints lesson under my belt, I’m seeing them everywhere. I love the whole new world that has opened up.

Hearing so much about the Way Points Lesson lately. When would it be a good time for a beginner to watch this lesson? I guess there is no harm in just watching it, but I don’t want to get overwhelmed either.

1 Like

Yesterday. Seriously, I wish I had known the info in that lesson years ago. It’s suitable for all levels of players. If nothing else, just watch them and absorb the info in them.

2 Likes

That Nedski is one of the best pickers ever anywhere…wow.

1 Like

He’s new to me. After seeing that video this morning, though, I quickly went over and liked his Facebook page. I could go for some more of that! I think I’ll look to see if he has any albums out.

1 Like

He plays now for the Becky Bullard Band. He also hosts a segment on the Sirius/XM bluegrass channel.

3 Likes

Never too soon Steve :rofl:

1 Like

Mark he did a beginners banjo DVD tutorial with Casey on the Murphy Method a few years back, also seemingly he used to teach on a TV or radio show.

1 Like

I think I just flagged my own post. Lol. Now its gone. Anyway the WP are so steeped in the scales its def a good idea to give them a go now if you are new.

I knew where theses points were because have seen them even with the one or two songs I have up the neck but this constant repetition of them has build speed and accuracy when going to them.

2 Likes

I’m alternating through 4 of the very basic lessons right now. I think I will add this one once I am ready to move past one of them in a few weeks. Thanks for the input from ya’ll (I’m from Michigan…we don’t say ya’ll, but what the heck)

1 Like

We welcome you to use the term, just be mindful of the spelling: y’all. :wink:

1 Like

I’m feeling pretty proud of myself. Almost made it up the neck all the way without looking at the hand positions.

3 Likes

Great job, buddy. I am proud of you.

Aw Shucks.

I know its super simple but I’m hoping it makes a big different to move to those places a lot more naturally than I have been.

1 Like