Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Wayne Henderson and Robin Kessinger

Yesterday, I was able to join a workshop featuring Wayne Henderson and Robin Kessinger. These fellows are fine guitarists and downright nice fellows. Both Wayne and Robin tell endless humorous and fascinating stories. The workshop is 3 hours long with the attendees broken up into two groups (about 9 folks in each group) spending 1.5 hours with Wayne and 1.5 hours with Robin. As a plus, I got to learn 4 new melodies I did not know before. The workshop is held in a local fellow’s home with a house concert that evening.
I have attended this workshop/house concert in the past and opted to not attend the concert this time (although it was fun last time, I work Sunday mornings and needed to get home). The workshop is about $75 and the concert is about $25. If you do the whole day, you have a meal with the performers.
It was a fun event; Wayne and Robin are a hoot. Wayne is frighteningly humble and very down to earth.

8 Likes

I’ve wanted to attend one of these!

Honestly, it would be great to get you up here for one of these workshop/house concerts as the featured teacher/musician. I’ll talk to the host if you like.

1 Like