Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Wayfaring Stranger w/Wyatt Rice!

This happened at Nashville Flatpick Camp last month. Adam and Megan Chowning, who host it at their home, are superb folks and they had some incredible instructors including Wyatt, Ron Block and Kenny Smith!

Wyatt is one of the most kind and humble people I’ve ever met and he was so generous with his time. All the students got to record a song with an instructor and this was how it turned out. I’ve admired his amazing rhythm work on so many records, this was quite surreal!

18 Likes

That is definitely an awesome experience! Happy for you! Some great pickin on yet another song that I love! :+1::grin:

4 Likes

Sounds like you had a great experience and y’all sounded great. Will we be seeing a new album “Mark and Rice” in the future?

7 Likes

Awesome! I got to record I Am a Pilgrim with Wyatt a couple years ago in Megan’s basement.

5 Likes

Thanks!!

Hmm… maybe don’t hold your breath on that one :joy:

Oh awesome!! Are you planning to go again anytime soon?

4 Likes

As the Late Great John Denver might say… Far Out!

4 Likes

Definitely an experience to be envied right there!!

5 Likes

Really nice playing!! Did you get to choose the instructor to record with?

2 Likes

This popped up on my Youtube so I guess I subscribed?? I loved it. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@Lucy_L Thanks! Yep! I really wanted to work on Spacegrass stuff. I think he had one other student to practice with- he gave me so much of his time showing me progressions and voicings. So generous.

@5-StringPilgrim thanks Jeff! Probably! It might also have just appeared in your recommended. Thanks for watching either way :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I guess I’ve been to eight or more Nashville Camps of various kinds (banjo, flatpick, mandolin, vocal, jam). I’ll be back next chance I get.

3 Likes