Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Volume 1 and Volume 2 of CAGED are available!

The first two volumes are ready…
Two ways to get them:

They are for sale at my self-publishing site https://www.lulu.com/search?adult_audience_rating=00&page=1&pageSize=10&q=Paige+garwood
as E-books for the prices you see here (price set by Lulu)

or

I would be glad to send you PDF versions, at the cost of 9.00 each. You would send payment via PayPal to my PayPal address:

Once payment is received, I will send you the PDF version.
p.s. I will need your email address :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Great job, @Mr_G! I’m so excited for you that you finished your books!! Just purchased both. :slightly_smiling_face: Can’t wait to dive in - I have several little brothers that I teach guitar, and I’m always looking for clear ways to explain the CAGED system to them. I think this will help them a lot.

I’ve used Lulu before for smaller projects and had considered them as a main publisher, but right now I’m using BookBaby. Is Lulu pretty easy to use for full-sized books?

Will you be making these in paper or just ebooks for now? Ebooks are my preferred format, so I’m happy with them the way they are.

The arpeggio exercises in the second book will be really good for me. I need to get way better at my CAGED arpeggios. I have some CAGED licks I’ve memorized, and I do know the chord shapes, but I’m weak at the actual arpeggios and finding the chord tones quickly. This all looks very helpful! :+1: I hope you sell a ton!

5 Likes

Yay! My First customer!!! Thank you so much.
Volume 3 will be about putting scales and chord arpeggios within the CAGED system, and Volume 4 will be applying it to songs and licks and I am thinking of a fifth volume where I address using CAGED for soloing.
Currently, I am sticking with the E-book format. Print costs are pretty far out of reach, I think.
mr g

How do you like Bookbaby?

4 Likes

Nice! :+1:

I really like BookBaby so far. They’re pretty affordable for what I need. (I am getting paper copies. I know it’s pricey but I want to sell these at our band’s table.) So far the process has been great… easy to upload and customize everything to my specifications. It’s pretty DIY, which I like.

3 Likes

I might give them a try - Lulu was a bit confusing to figure out the specs to get my books formatted correctly for print. When will your book be out?

By the way… I do voice work, and I am a classical composer and if you were to ever consider doing a voice version of your story I would LOVE to work with you on that.

3 Likes

Really! Have you recorded audio books before? I would love to consider that sometime in the future!

2 Likes

I had to be specific with the formatting with BookBaby too. There’s tight guidelines to making the page come out correct - all the margins sized exactly right, files the right dimensions, etc. And I haven’t even seen a paper copy yet, but I’m following their template so I know I’m doing it right.

Release date - I’m hoping within the month!

3 Likes

What’s the title? Or is that secret yet?

3 Likes

Not anything that sold… but I have done audio work for folks for commercials etc… I did compose a symphonic piece for a young lady and her book - we never got around to doing the vocal work… sigh… if you would like, send me a chapter of your book and I will read it for you… my father was a radio and tv broadcaster and I grew up around it.
BTW… just listened to Pike County Breakdown… VERRA nice solo on that! I like your family’s sound.
I live in Dallas, Ga… so it is conceivable that I might actually get to see and hear you sometime!

5 Likes

What’s the title?

It’s called Tried With Fire.

4 Likes

Thanks so much! We are coming to Everett’s Music Barn in Suwanee on May 21. I guess that’s on the other side of Atlanta, so not sure how close you are.

I will send you a chapter when it’s all done! I’m very interested in thinking about an audio.

3 Likes

Well then I’ll HAVE to do that 30 day Audible trial… :joy:

I’ve never really listened to audiobooks before but I think I’d like it. I got a Kindle e-reader recently but I haven’t really taken advantage of it enough.

2 Likes

That would be really neat!

What version?

1 Like

I got the 2021 Paperwhite. It’s really nice!

2 Likes

My friend is lending me hers for a bit and it is an older one, but I really like it. I think it’s one of the early Paperwhite versions.

2 Likes

I have played at Everetts… about 10 years ago, I think… It was the truly cool BG jam in the area. I will see if I can make it… should be able to!
mr g

5 Likes