Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

US Space Force Uniform

Guys, some scriptures… Didn’t we celebrate Christmas just a while ago?? If you are part of this government, you need not worry about any of these. We have the commander-in-chief of the mightiest army with us, the Lord of hosts.

Isaiah 9:6,7
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Because you need to understand this. As per I Samuel 2:9.
9 He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.

So worldly governments need to do the below or else they will get rebuke!
Isaiah 2:4,
4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

2 Likes

Oh your points have merit Mark and your argument can be applied to the military in general. But, this is not a new thing. The money is already being spent. It’s not new money for a totally new military branch that has had no history. This branch and its functions has existed for decades. The assets already exist, the personnel already exist, the technology already exists. It’s just a new designation; they have their own identity now. They’re not even getting new uniforms, patches changed, that’s all.

So, I don’t think it’s a new slush fund, it’s just the same old slush fund.

I think the first thing people envisioned when they heard we’re gonna have a Space Force, was armies of soldiers flying through space and battling it out on the surface of the moon and stuff; I know I did.

3 Likes

Last night I had the strangest dream by Simon and Garfunkel… I used to sing this to put my daughter to sleep.

Lyrics has this… guns and swords and uniforms were scattered on the ground…

Endor.

2 Likes

Hi @MissMaggie The Royal Air Force, Army & Royal Navy already carries out that role and has done so since the Cuban Missile Crisis. As far as I am aware we have no plans over here for a dedicated military space unit.

1 Like

I can’t ever see the US Space Force being deployed in the field. i.e. in an enemy war zone, They will be housed in a concrete bunker in some remote part of the USA, So no need for camo uniforms. If deployed into space they would wear tee shirt & shorts when not in pressurised suits.

1 Like

I heard somewhere that funds from the Defense Budget were used to build part of The Wall.

1 Like

You mean besides misspelling faux pas?

3 Likes

We really do need spelling & grammar policing on this site

5 Likes

A metaphor - Description

noun

A metaphor is a figure of speech that describes an object or action in a way that isn’t literally true, but helps explain an idea or make a comparison.

2 Likes

No, cuz then I wouldn’t be able to joke about spelling :joy:

1 Like

I just play through my mistakes. I call it improvisation

2 Likes

And the best comment of the month award goes to!

1 Like

4 Likes

Yeah, wait for it, everyone’s gonna want a space force now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wait, what? There’s a misspelling? How did I miss that? OK Gunnar, I honestly can’t find it. Please tell me where it is.

2 Likes

My point was that military personnel with stripes are enlisted. Those decisions would be made by officers, most likely generals. So … “someone in the Pentagon is about to lose their stars…” would get the point across.

I may be having a bad couple of days because I must admit, I still don’t know where the faux pas is.

1 Like

Call me Olde School™ but I say “Why reinvent the wheel?” If these uniforms were good enough to fight the First Bug Wars, I don’t see why they won’t do the job the next time…

"Would You Like To Know More?"

3 Likes

JEEPERS! OK, I was l so focused on the original posted image looking for a faux pas and not seeing it. Then you mentioned misspelling and and still I wasn’t seeing it. And I knew I was going to feel so silly once I knew what it was.

I just saw it. For cryin’ out loud, how did I miss that? “fopaux”. In your sentence

My brain saw “the mispelling faux pas”, so I kept looking for a misspelling that was a faux pas. Then it just jumped out at me. fopaux :joy::flushed::rofl: Sorry about that @Archie, I really wasn’t making fun. It looked right to me. Although, that sure is a clever retort on my part. I just wish I had been aware of it.

2 Likes

The US Space Force is already deployed around the world. They have offensive and defensive stationary below ground and above ground missile sites and mobile missile launch platforms and detection and warning systems that can be deployed into enemy territory as needed. And they have their own security and defensive combat personnel to defend those installations. They have transport, medical, and supply infrastructure personnel as well who can also be deployed in enemy territory. With the exception of some medical personal, they are armed and combat trained. Of course they would wear camos.

The Navy and Marines has its special operations forces called Seals (SEa, Air, Land), the Army has the Green Berets, and the Air Force, and its spin off Space Force has Special Warfare teams. All of these teams would be deployed on the ground, in enemy territory. Of course they would wear camos.

These camos were not “designed” for some fantasy Space Force deployed in outer space or something. They are existing Air Force Uniforms; all they did was make some new patches.

I don’t think the Space Force is what I think you think it is.

Now, when battles start breaking out on the moon, yeah they’re gonna need some new duds. Really flexy and light colored deserty looking armored moon suits. And updated moon rovers, yeah, with a gun mount like those desert rats of WW2. That’ll be cool. But then, the Army and the Marines are gonna get bent outa shape about it and say, hey that’s what WE do. Put us up there on the moon and let us do our jobs, you know, like those miners did in one of those asteroid movies, the one with Duval and Aflec. Moon Warriors 'R us.

2 Likes