Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

US Space Force Uniform

I am at a lost for words.

5 Likes

How dumb is that?

Where in space is this camo going to be effective?

6 Likes

I think if I was going to serve in space I would want something with a little more protection.

Forget the Cammo

2 Likes

I bet someone in the Pentagon is about to loose their stripes over this fopaux. I have always admired the US Military Uniforms particularly the dress uniforms they look so smart.

2 Likes

The dark side of the moon. :new_moon_with_face::new_moon_with_face::new_moon_with_face::new_moon_with_face:

4 Likes

Seems ok to me, not so long ago most of the US Armed Forces wore the same camo. I’d appreciate them not spending a ton of money on new uniforms when they can use what we’ve got.

2 Likes

I’d appreciate them not spending money on a space force… period.

7 Likes

I agree

2 Likes

It’s just another slush fund for weapons contractors IMO.

6 Likes

Exactly!

3 Likes

About… what… in particular? The Space Force? The uniforms? Something else?

Back in the late forty’s when it was clear that more and more activity was taking place in the air and that future battles would be fought in the air, the United States Army Air Force, who had already fought many battles in the air with Army Air Force bombers and fighters, broke away and formed the United States Air Force, relieving the Army of such broad defense responsibilities allowing the Army to focus on what it does best.

In the past few decades, the Air Force, has had the additional task of designing, acquiring, launching or deploying, and maintaining warning systems, defense satellites, missiles, and other technology to protect the US and its allies against ICBMs and other threats from space. In fact, the 14th Air Force (Space Operations Command) has existed within the Air Force for decades.

Headquartered at Vandenberg AF base in California, the 14th consists of six wings in Cali, Colorado, and Florida has Patrick AF Base, located just south of Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, which is connected to the Kennedy Space Center and Patrick AFB and launches its own rockets from its own launch pads - betcha ya didn’t know that. Rockets are also launched from Vandenberg (mostly the secret ones). The 14th also has other defensive and offensive systems deployed around the world. Some of these bases and deployed systems were established in the early 90s and 80s and others go back to the 60s.

All these years, they’ve had their own infrastructure including security and police, transport, medical, etc. All within the the Air Force. The 14th has gone through multiple incarnations through the years including The 14th Aerospace Force and being deactivated and reactivated. It was first designated as Air Force Space Command in 1982 and re-designated again in 1993.

Now that China, India and others are conducting more and more activity in space and corporations have jumped in as well. North Korea and Iran and others want to be in the nuclear and missile business, the very real potential of threat from space exists and is likely to grow. So, it kinda makes sense to break off the 14th from the Air Force and let them each focus on what they do best. This is not a new thing.

The 14th Air Force is now the primary component of the newly established United States Space Force and several thousand Air Force personnel were transferred to the new command and some navy and army personnel will make the move as well.

The Space Force uniforms are essentially the same uniforms the Air Force wears, only some insignia have been changed. And yes, the Air Force wears camos too and Space Force personnel are based on the ground, not in space.

But yeah, the “Space Force” sounds pretty silly, I totally get it. It’s gonna be ripe for ridicule for some time I suppose. I wonder if the “The Air Force” sounded silly back in the forty’s.

A person in the Marines is called a Marine. Someone in the Navy is called a Sailor. The Air Force has Airmen and in the Army, they’re Soldiers. So… I wonder…???

Hey @Archie, I wonder how long it will be til the UK creates a Space Force. I betcha other countries will want a Space Force too. We’re such a trend setter ya know :laughing::wink:

7 Likes

What fopaux? They’re the same as the Air Force Uniforms.

Also, no one with stripes would have the power to change or create new uniforms :wink:

2 Likes

My major beef with it is that the US already spends more on our military than the next 6 countries combined. I totally agree with Dave when he said “It’s just another slush fund for weapons contractors.”

After our dedicated $700 billion “defense” budget, plus the additional fungible dollars that end up in the hands of the military industrial complex, our nation is spending nearly $1 trillion a year on war. That’s about $3100 a year for every man, woman, and child in the US. You and I get very little for that, and history is revealing itself to show that it’s actually making us less safe by creating more terrorists. What else could we be doing with that money?

5 Likes

Guys, some scriptures… Didn’t we celebrate Christmas just a while ago?? If you are part of this government, you need not worry about any of these. We have the commander-in-chief of the mightiest army with us, the Lord of hosts.

Isaiah 9:6,7
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Because you need to understand this. As per I Samuel 2:9.
9 He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.

So worldly governments need to do the below or else they will get rebuke!
Isaiah 2:4,
4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

2 Likes

Oh your points have merit Mark and your argument can be applied to the military in general. But, this is not a new thing. The money is already being spent. It’s not new money for a totally new military branch that has had no history. This branch and its functions has existed for decades. The assets already exist, the personnel already exist, the technology already exists. It’s just a new designation; they have their own identity now. They’re not even getting new uniforms, patches changed, that’s all.

So, I don’t think it’s a new slush fund, it’s just the same old slush fund.

I think the first thing people envisioned when they heard we’re gonna have a Space Force, was armies of soldiers flying through space and battling it out on the surface of the moon and stuff; I know I did.

3 Likes

Last night I had the strangest dream by Simon and Garfunkel… I used to sing this to put my daughter to sleep.

Lyrics has this… guns and swords and uniforms were scattered on the ground…

Endor.

2 Likes

Hi @MissMaggie The Royal Air Force, Army & Royal Navy already carries out that role and has done so since the Cuban Missile Crisis. As far as I am aware we have no plans over here for a dedicated military space unit.

1 Like

I can’t ever see the US Space Force being deployed in the field. i.e. in an enemy war zone, They will be housed in a concrete bunker in some remote part of the USA, So no need for camo uniforms. If deployed into space they would wear tee shirt & shorts when not in pressurised suits.

1 Like

I heard somewhere that funds from the Defense Budget were used to build part of The Wall.

1 Like