Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Uploading files to forum

What types of video/sound files can we upload onto the forum? It seems every time I try to upload something it is the wrong type of file extension and I’m not sure what to try and convert them to.

Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave,

Currently it will take zip, jpg, PDF and most recently Tef files. Other types can be added as well it just may take a little modification to the settings which I have been helping Ben out with. What type of file are you looking to add?

Some type of audio file would be nice. Maybe .mp3?

Like This?

When I record something it comes out of the recorder in a .wav file. I wasn’t sure what to try and change to or even if I can. I believe I have change between .wav and mp3 before but not sure how or on what computer. I’m still looking around.

Dave,

i just set up wav files as well so you should be able to upload a wav file now too.

Dang! You be quick, Brad. Thanks for fixing us up.

Hey, thanks Brad! this will save me a lot of headaches in the future I’m sure.

no problem. I figure if I can help Ben out with the techie stuff on the forums sites then that will free him up to keep creating those great lessons for us :wink:

I have cut my avatar back to 180 X190 and it still comes up past the 14 kB they require so how to prepare a avatr for uploading wouldbe nice to know

Howdy Welder,
Yeah, 14k is kind of small. I’ll shoot you a PM with my email. If you email it to me, I can reduce the size and email it back.

Thank you and you did an excellent job . as you can see I have already uploaded the Avatar so I am indebted to you for your fine art work and expertise . :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: yep it is worth ten smiles. LOL

Glad to help. It’s good to put a face with the name!

I could have put up a mud fence and it would have done well enough . Yes I know what you mean it kinda makes you feel more like you know someone that way . That was taken when all I had was the 23 year old Takemine it is not as loud as the Martin but it has 23 years of aging and it has a tone that reaches my soul . It is strange how tone changes when wood ages, it is a good thing most of the time.

Yep, they do sound better over time and we also get more in tune with what a given guitar likes. It’s kind of like a relationship.

You have added to my knowledge and that is priceless.

I’m always happy to learn something myself. My problem lately has been remembering what I have previously learned.

You give a man a fish, he eats for a day, you teach a man to fish and then he spends all his weekends at the lake.