Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Spiral Discussion. STATUS: Attention Homeschooled - A poll/survey for you!

Actually I thought for the most part “Gunnar’s rant” was well informed and well stated!

6 Likes

Yeah, because it was against me. I can tell you it wasn’t well informed though.

2 Likes

Good for you- I’ve seen videos of your sister!

3 Likes

Oh cool

1 Like

My main point is… Don’t just assume I have no idea what I’m talking about, no experience, and I’m just arguing to argue because I disagree with y’all. That is just so wrong to make assumptions (when none of you guys even know me) that I have no experience, I’m more of a beginner than you guys, and I just don’t know what I’m talking about only because my opinion is different than yours. I mean, how highly do y’all think of yourselves anyway? And don’t try to turn that around on me, because y’all have been the ones acting that way. I give an opinion, and then you guys basically just mock me and say I don’t have a clue what I’m talking about.

1 Like

I haven’t mocked you just respectfully disagreed. I’m sure you have bluegrass experience although not in the areas you’re arguing about, as you admit yourself. Such as, playing higher end instruments, getting lessons, using higher end gear, etc. Doesn’t mean anyone’s better than you, you just haven’t ever tried some of these things. At least on my part, this is all civil and friendly and no one needs to sulk. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

“GO LISTEN TO REAL BLUEGRASS NOT THE COMPUTER!!” I kinda call that mocking… It’s mostly been Michael and Gunnar though.

1 Like

That was a very seriously made statement - not the least bit of humor in it!

5 Likes

That’s not mocking bro, that was a serious suggestion. But if you call it mocking and get offended, you kinda did ask for it. You yourself said some of the issues you were so dogmatic about you literally had no clue about. So ya, you will get bugged for that.

3 Likes

I have heard those singers, I just don’t recognize them by name. And the reason I don’t recognize them by name is because I don’t like the sound so I’ve never taken the time to learn who they are. I’m gonna try to learn to like it though, I’m gonna start listening to those albums Libby suggested today.

4 Likes

And please don’t feel like we are just picking on you, you are simply a lot of fun. Remember, Michael got roasted incredibly bad too :joy:

3 Likes

So Mason, which are some of the artists whos voice you actually like? Besides Guns n Roses.

2 Likes

Mason: States opinion
People: Have you ever tried that on a different instrument or in a bluegrass jam?
Mason: No
People: Well, if you haven’t, don’t knock it until you’ve tried it, we’ve done it and came to the opposite conclusion. I think you’re just inexperienced in that area, which will come with time.
Mason: Well that’s mean.

4 Likes

Guns n Roses has a bad voice. He is talented though😂 I actually think the Dillards’ singing sounds pretty good. Billy Strings has a strange voice but he can sing really good. I think Third Day’s singer is pretty good, but that’s not a genre y’all like. I think you’re just talking about guys, but if not, Sierra Hull and Molly Tuttle can sing good.

3 Likes

Well the thing is y’all also think the thumb pick is awesome and I think it’s just a pick :joy:

1 Like

I never said the thumb pick was awesome, just better.

2 Likes

And it is better for sure. Just not $37 better to me.

1 Like

It is to me but that’s subjective.

1 Like

What about country artists? Like whats the voice that makes you go “wow” ?

1 Like