Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Spiral Discussion. STATUS: Attention Homeschooled - A poll/survey for you!

Believe me, no one noticed :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Just watch it @Michael_Mark

1 Like

Relatable, on somewhat lesser scales :joy:

1 Like

It just really gets on my nerves when people are like “You have to spend $200 for this pick and capo! It’s worth it!” When I can get a perfectly fine pick and capo for $20. It’s ridiculous! If you can’t play good without emptying your bank account you probably need to find a new hobby😂 And in my opinion, these things make practically no difference. It’s just an ego thing and going with what everyone else says. Some people truly believe it but I believe they’re fooling themselves.

1 Like

This is literally just a reverse ad populum fallacy :joy: In other words, instead of appealing to the majority opinion, you’re accusing your opponent of doing so without evidence and stating that your opinion is more likely to be correct because it’s a minority opinion.

2 Likes

No, I’m actually thinking for myself.

1 Like

Unlike people who just use something and say they love it because it’s what their hero uses.

If anybody would know it would be Jake and he’s not just fooling himself

6 Likes

Take a step back and realize that you’re literally just showing my point by saying that :joy:

He was probably given Blue Chips to advertise them :joy: And of course you’re gonna use it if you’re given something that expensive.

I think he has the money to buy the pick he likes and not just use the ones that are given to him because he can’t afford a thin one.

3 Likes

Michael: This gear is better than that gear, I’ve tried them both and came to that conclusion.
Mason: I don’t care, even if I’ve never tried it there’s just NO WAY it could be that much better!!!
Timothy, Libby: But… JAKE uses it!!! :sob: :sob: :sob:

And I also believe that it will truly feel amazing to some people. I just know that’s there is absolutely no way that it’s that way for everybody who tries it. And so far I’m pretty much the only person who has said Blue Chip picks are just picks. I believe amateurs just say that they’re great when it’s really no different. You probably have to be a great player for a certain type of pick to make any difference at all.

None of us ever said it was, and yeah that’s why people use tortoise shell, Wegens, etc.

1 Like

I did try the thumb pick and people said the exact same thing about it! So I know the flat pick is gonna be the same way!

Are you being serious?

“I tried the Toyota Tacoma and I didn’t like it! So I know the Camry is gonna be the same way!”

3 Likes

I know that people DEEPLY exaggerate about the thumb pick. So I can only conclude that the same thing is happening here. And I’m 99% sure that if I tried one I would say “It’s. A. Pick.”

I started using BlueChip picks before I knew who Jake was actually

3 Likes

This has nothing to do with Jake :joy:

1 Like