Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Spiral Discussion. STATUS: Attention Homeschooled - A poll/survey for you!

I’ve recently started using a pick with a sharper edge and it gives a much brighter sound.

2 Likes

I’m not going to comment until @Michael_Mark posts his.

3 Likes

Also, it sounds better in person. My mic is pretty terrible :joy:

2 Likes

I’ll post one for him.

2 Likes

btw, when you going to finally become regular?

3 Likes

He’s gonna hate that :joy:

3 Likes

I don’t know. I guess the bots sense that I don’t agree with everything Michael says so they won’t regularfy me.

3 Likes

HEY YOU ARE REAGULAR!! Come on!!

2 Likes

@Mason_Crone Did you just choose not to list your title? You have to manually add it you know.

2 Likes

Skip to Michael’s part in the middle of this video playing the same song I just played.
3 Likes

No he has to manually add it.

3 Likes

That’s what I meant to type :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Did you hear Michael’s Blackberry Blossom? Way thinner than mine right?

3 Likes

Okay, so it does sound different, but that could be that you two just have slightly different styles of picking. There is a difference, but I’m not sure if its due to the pick. Like we decided earlier, too many variables over the internet.

2 Likes

I just know that he isn’t qualified to lecture me on my tone because his isn’t any better. If not worse.

2 Likes

Look at the trust level, you are too a regular now! You just have to add your badge if you wanted to. I think that is done in the “Account” section of the settings.

2 Likes

To be fair, Michael Mark always has his gain way to low so you can never hear it properly. To also be fair, when i heard you playing blackberry blossom i totally forgot you had a thin pick simply because most folks don’t. As soon as i heard you start playing, it was like, wait, that sounds like a thin pick. However, it also sounds to me like Michael plays way too light because his sound isn’t really thin, just weak and quiet. I think his tone would be good if he didn’t play so lightly.

2 Likes

Yeah, he does play really lightly. Is that just his habit or a technique?

2 Likes

It has nothing to do with a thin pick. As long as the pick is thick enough to not bend when you hit the string it’s fine.

3 Likes

Haha, I’m regular now :sunglasses:

3 Likes