Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Spiral Discussion. STATUS: Attention Homeschooled - A poll/survey for you!

No, she had a saxophonist full time in her band.

Well can’t saxophone have feeling too?:joy:

I will say, Jake and Bryan are by far my favorites out of the group you listed. I kind of only enjoy Bela’s playing when he’s with a band like NGR or with Tony, because of course. :joy:

1 Like

I guess what I’m saying is music means different things to different people. I’m more moved when I see an extremely talented musician than when I hear a beautiful song.

1 Like

Sure it can have feeling, just please take that feeling elsewhere, far away from bluegrass :joy:

Oh, I don’t like the Flecktones, not my style. But I love his bluegrass

Weeeeiiird! Son! What are you saying!

From what I’ve seen bluegrass usually has more skill than feeling.

That is easy to think on the surface, but it’s actually the opposite. Bluegrass has less technical skill and much more of an emphasis on feeling, groove, and dynamics.

Besides, there are only like 4 chords you have to know anyway.

What?!?

That is completely untrue. Apparently you don’t listen to the talented bands.

Top 5 banjo only in no partic order
The Earl
Ben Clark
Katy Clark
Sonny Osborn
Jim Mills

@Michael_Mark since you like jazz so much I figured you would be willing to make an exception for that saxophone :saxophone:

2 Likes

I would’ve thought so too

Yes I’ll be 20 in September, pls don’t rub it in.

Oop… I’m snowbirding I guess :joy::joy:

Relax. I’m not saying bluegrass musicians don’t have good skill. But if you compare a professional bluegrass musician to a professional jazz musician, for instance, it’s easily seen that the nature of bluegrass lends itself to being far easier.

Bluegrass is the hardest music I’ve ever heard. That’s complete opinion, but it’s how I feel.

Also woke up this morning to…Thanks Y’all it’s nice to be appreciated :grin:

3 Likes

And please don’t link a bunch of jazz stuff😂

1 Like

Nice. You’re welcome (if I had anything at all to do with it😂)

1 Like