Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Spiral Discussion. STATUS: Attention Homeschooled - A poll/survey for you!

:joy: True that helps a lot.

What’s Discord?

So every time the topic changes than we change the status in the title?

1 Like

Yep

1 Like

It’s a messaging app, kind of like a mini forum. It has different categories and stuff.

It’s similar to this forum, I have one for bluegrass. You’re very welcome to join if you’d like.

2 Likes

Hmm, never knew about it.

1 Like

Once I come in for lunch break I’m gonna have to write up some super long reply to all ya’lls discussion yesterday.

2 Likes

Sounds good!

2 Likes

Mine is all good, rules about being respectful, no profanity etc. Anyone who wants to is welcome to join.

3 Likes

Me and Gunnar probably covered all of your points…

2 Likes

Most likely but I for one do not trust Gunnars way of speaking (do you blame me?) and I also don’t trust most city slickers either so…

2 Likes

Me neither :joy:

1 Like

Maybe next we can talk favorite mandolinists, because I don’t really have one at this point.

2 Likes

And I didn’t really agree with your view on the Tony Rice vs Jake Workman discussion…

4 Likes

I commend your humility for admitting that you are wrong.

1 Like

Mine probably either Chris Thile or Sierra Hull. They’re both great in their own ways.

3 Likes

Which Chris can be kinda cringe to watch with the expressions he makes :joy: He’s still good though.

2 Likes

Can you link an example? Cuz I’ve heard groups he’s sitting in with doing Lee highway blues for example, as drivey as it gets, and I can’t hear a single note he’s playing. I’ve only ever really heard him play solo because he always gets lost in the mix.

He didn’t tell you about his history? He is a literal shred metal guitarist who jumped genres.
Also, you and Michael are both letting your emotional attachment cloud your judgement.
Jake and Tony are equally great, for different reasons.

Technically yes, but nobody matched Earl’s tone that I’ve heard. When you hear him you immediately know who it is.

Again, I was the same at your age.

I do too! Or at least, my wallet does anyway.

Same! But my banjo needs to be maple.

True. But I think the fallacy Timothy brought up is that modern guitars are all bright and vintage all mellow. I’ve played bright shimmery vintage Martins (or Gibsons!) And mellow pretty new guitars (not collings, they’re bright and almost tight if that makes sense).

Well, no. There’s two responses to being surrounded by boys and she fits in.

Don’t worry about it.

The simple have long held suspicion for that which they don’t understand, and fear is a great and terrible motivator. Entire wars have been fought and lost for the lack of education that could have wrought unity and peace. But such is the world, men would rather hang you a Scot than accept that gravity is real.

2 Likes