Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Spiral Discussion. STATUS: Attention Homeschooled - A poll/survey for you!

Coincidence??

3 Likes

Holy cow y’all have been busy!!!

2 Likes

Goodness I leave for a day and now look at what happened! But yes, very proud @Mason_Crone

3 Likes

Being older, I remember seeing The New South in the 70’s ar Bean Blossom just after they had recorded in Japan.

The biggest thing I see missing from your conversation is why TR is so revered as a leader/innovator in modern bluegrass guitar playing. I’d suggest that it’s his rhythm playing.

Yes he did some different lead stuff, but I’ll never forget the power & smoothness the band had at a live show compared to all other bands of the time. It was unlike anything i’d heard before. The biggest difference was TR’s rhythm. He added syncopation and chord substitutions that were unheard by the general audiences at the time…it was a big change in the sound of the music.

i’ll also mention he was as good of a lead singer as could be had.

If you’re talking Mr. Workman, I’d include his multi-instrumentalist capabilities. He has a wonderful ear for what belongs in a piece of music.

8 Likes

Oh yes!! Tony’s rhythm is often overlooked, but it’s definitely there making huge difference. TR as a whole was just so smooth and powerful.

2 Likes

You are so not funny. And losing points very quickly. I seriously pity your poor sister. She must be a saint.

Nope, brunette.

As in active on the forum. You are very active. Obviously.

2 Likes

Ha just what i thought. How do you keep up with this?

Ok Jake is best, but Tony started everything so that make Tony more revered and he should be. Jake is still the best. The only ones that may give Jake some compatition is Trey or Zeb. My 2 cents.

5 Likes

Well said @Shaky_loves_banjo.

3 Likes

It’s CALLED the Spiral of Topics!!!

1 Like

Oops. I was excited that I could rename it.
You can name it back. Just having fun…

2 Likes

:joy:

Can I name it back!?!?!?!?

1 Like

Hello and welcome to Underqualified Fans of Tony Rice!

2 Likes

Somebody please do at this point!

2 Likes

Fine…

2 Likes

Or I lose track of which thread this is :joy:

3 Likes

Oh, I love the idea of “Status” Let’s keep that up!

3 Likes

We actually made a Discord for Underqualified Fans of Tony Rice, in case anyone is interested in joining the club…

It never did get very popular

2 Likes

It helped that I was busy all day, but still!

2 Likes

Oh, if we’re talking Discord, I could use some more members…:joy:

2 Likes