Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Spiral Discussion. STATUS: Attention Homeschooled - A poll/survey for you!

Gonna try to fit them into Hickory Snow

3 Likes
6 Likes

skipping around today; different genres and artists.

3 Likes

I’ve been listening to a custom playlist that @Michael_Mark made for me to help cure me of my bluegrass ignorance.

4 Likes

Bwahahaha

3 Likes

I just added a nice selection of Kenny & Amanda Smith in there for you. :+1:

1 Like

It does have a bit much Tony Rice in it… I like his voice though.

1 Like

Whoa… a-ar-are you saying that-

…there’s a good male bluegrass singer? :joy: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

There are many… Okay, I basically used to just say things while knowing very little about it. I had briefly heard bluegrass singers before but had never really sat down and listened to it. And from the stuff I had heard briefly I thought I didn’t like it. After actually listening to it for awhile I’ve found some guys I like. Tony Rice, Dan Tyminski, and John Cowan are a few of them. I’ve heard others that I liked but don’t remember the names :joy:

3 Likes

I will say that I don’t like DLQ very much. That’s more based now because I’ve actually listened to them a lot :joy: They’ve certainly got a lot of vocal talent and talent in general, it’s just not my personal preference. I prefer Alison Krauss and Union Station, JD Crowe and the New South, New Grass Revival etc.

1 Like

Ok, I guess not liking DLQ is still a kinda weird opinion, but you do have some other great tastes in bluegrass now. To each their own

1 Like

I’m listening to new stuff all the time, I’m sure I’ll find more I like. I like RSKT a lot.

2 Likes

I got to jam with Wyatt Rice for about an hour today! The last guitar class was smaller and he mostly just jammed with the class. So special! I asked him if he liked my Toe Knee Rice shirt from Marcel and he needed me to explain it but he thought it was hilarious :grinning:

6 Likes

29%20PM 44%20PM 11%20PM

3 Likes

Haha actually several of us here were discussing that exact same thing today!! I thought Y@ would make more sense than ?@ though.

2 Likes

I’m as clueless as everyone else is about the Tony Rice shirt. I looked at those 3 images for 2-3 minutes yesterday and couldn’t figure out what it meant :rofl:

4 Likes

Did you get it eventually?

1 Like

Are you asking your brother a question on the internet when you live in the same house? :joy:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I’m in Myrtle Beach and he’s in Savannah right now!

3 Likes