Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Spiral Discussion. STATUS: Attention Homeschooled - A poll/survey for you!

Ah, leaving the banjo player behind. Great idea!

2 Likes

It isn’t bluegrass if it doesn’t have a banjo, my mind will never be changed…:joy:

2 Likes

We’ve made plenty of bluegrass without banjos this weekend!

2 Likes

Oh, but it wasn’t real bluegrass. It was simply lovely acoustic music.

1 Like

I’m just kidding, you can play bluegrass style without a banjo. I just consider banjo a requirement for an authentic bluegrass band haha.

1 Like

Tony Rice: Let’s cut this Manzanita album, gonna be good!
J.D. Crowe: Hey guys, I can’t make it!
Tony Rice: Ah blast it. Well, let’s just cut it without a five-string.

redefines acoustic bluegrass music

1 Like

Here comes Michael. He’s gonna mention how Tony Rice played without a banjo a lot, I just know it😂

It would’ve been better with a banjo… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Play along with it and add the banjo yourself! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I could record it and put it in there. I might get crucified if I do that though.

I mean, just for fun. You don’t have to actually record it. Playing along with recordings is one of the best practice techniques.

2 Likes

Not until you posted Y@

3 Likes

It took me a good several minutes of looking at it haha. I was like “Question Mark at Bowl?” :joy:

2 Likes

We were in a big jam last night and Zak McLamb asked “Did everyone see Libby’s shirt?” Most people said yes but one mandolin player was starting at it for like 3 minutes trying to figure it out. He was genuinely stumped. He got Tony but couldn’t figure out Tony Who. He kept saying “bowl? Cereal?” The rest of the jam was in an uproar laughing at him and yelling “grits!” “Tony tiger!” When he finally said “Tony rice!” Everyone was making fun of him. It’s hilarious to see people’s reactions. They just don’t understand it and then feel so ridiculous when they do! Haha

5 Likes

Seems like it would be easy after you figure out “Tony” :joy:

4 Likes

You’d think so. It was really funny

4 Likes

hmf…all I get from that is “question at food”…

2 Likes

Wyatt Rice (Tony’s brother).

1 Like

Got to have Eli Gilbert and Tony Trischka sign my banjo head. I have an extra head I’ve been collecting signatures on for about 4-5 years and have been wanting Tony Trischka since I started. I’ll post a picture of the head sometime

5 Likes

Awesome. Where’d you meet them?

3 Likes