Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Spiral Discussion. STATUS: Attention Homeschooled - A poll/survey for you!

Listening to Wyatt Rice’s New Market Gap album right now.

4 Likes

I’m at a guitar camp with Wyatt Rice today. (Alan Bibey’s mando/guitar/bass camp in Myrtle Beach)

5 Likes

Jealous…

4 Likes

The first guitar class hasn’t started yet. It’s at 10:45 so I haven’t seen him yet

3 Likes

I think Alan’s my favorite mandolinist. Wyatt’s probably my favorite rhythm guitarist and his lead is so good on this album. So tasty.

2 Likes

Lucy and Leo are doing classes with Alan. There was a lot of jamming last night too. Our first time here

2 Likes

Are you gonna ask Wyatt if he thinks Jake is a better guitarist than his brother? :joy:

2 Likes

What if that’s the whole topic of his class? I’ll just be quiet and learn :slight_smile:

1 Like

He plays a lot like Tony! Maybe you’ll pick up a few tricks… :grin:

I imagine he does :flushed:
Have you met him?

1 Like

Nope, I’d love to though. I think he’s one of the most underrated guitarists!

1 Like

I’m looking forward to meeting him. And I’m going to see Jake next week so there’ll be plenty to learn & enjoy from each without comparing :grinning:

4 Likes

Cool, where? A KT show?

IBMA. Collings Guitars is sending him out to their booth for the weekend to model guitars

3 Likes

I heard you got your SPBGMA rooms so that will be fun!!

3 Likes

Yep, looking forward to it! Is there like a schedule for the event? Bc these bluegrass events always seem so cryptic :joy:

2 Likes

There will be as the time gets closer. Here is last year’s. I think they announced it in December.

2 Likes

After finishing New Market Gap I’m almost through You Were There for Me by Peter Rowan and Tony Rice. Great album, I waited too long to listen to it!

New Market Gap is a goodun…:+1:

Today’s album: Doyle Lawson Tennessee Dream

2 Likes

In the first class Wyatt taught substitute chord voicings for minor shapes. Way too many for me to remember - but they’re really beautiful; I think I’ll remember a few. His Wayfaring Stranger rhythm sounds like Tony is sitting right there :slight_smile:

4 Likes