Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Spiral Discussion. STATUS: Attention Homeschooled - A poll/survey for you!

@CalebEllis, great voice, beautiful singing and wonderful performance! Simply superb! :+1:

2 Likes

The truth is this, and this does NOT change!!
Mark 7:15
15 There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.

Things that come from within like (the intention behind) in choosing one or the other can defile a man! Keep in mind, Jesus sat with sinners and publicans! If someone feels vulnerable, the issue to be addressed is within. (Can’t be discussed in this thread. It is for private thread.)

Therefore Paul says, I Corinthians 6:12
All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

So, what is convenient? And most music may not help with the below.
Philippians 4:8
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

The above includes both positive and negative things. It is a reflection of God character, like no tolerance for certain things, described in the verse below. This is thinking pure, this is thinking honest, this is thinking just, etc.
Habakkuk 1:13
13 Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity: wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy tongue when the wicked devoureth the man that is more righteous than he?

1 Like

It’s in the low 50s outside this morning, I walked out and honestly felt like singing :joy: The grass is gonna stop growing, I’ll be able to do things outside without overheating, the crickets and cicadas are finally gonna shut up… :joy:

4 Likes

You should do it.

2 Likes

Hahaha… No. I don’t want to put the poor chickens and goats through that.

3 Likes

But yeah, I know and miss that feeling.

“Well some folks like the summerTIIIIIIIME, when they can walk about…”

2 Likes

It’s awesome, I’ve been waiting and waiting for the weather to cool off.

3 Likes

:musical_note: “I’ve been waiting… and hesitating…”

1 Like

Today I recalled that the Earls of Leicester are awesome and am listening to them. Specifically one of their quartet numbers, which is about to send me on a DLQ quartet listening spiral

3 Likes

Guys!!
I can do Tony’s D chord rhythm sweepy thing now!!!

8 Likes

Let’s see it :+1:

6 Likes

Not sure what that is, but cool! :joy:

3 Likes

I kinda really want to play guitar right now but my strings aren’t coming until Saturday :sob: This shall never happen again, I will always have spares.

4 Likes

Write a song instead. “Me without my guitar”

6 Likes

Well herrrres the thinnnnng
I broke my strinnnnnng
Ain’t got no spaaaaares
Just rotten pearrrrrs
I’m so depressssssed

Sounds like a typical bluegrass song, right?

3 Likes

Listening to Kenny Smith “Return” fight now. up
wav

4 Likes

Been listening to this tune A LOT lately:
I. Will. Learn. This. Tune.
(Even if it takes me all year!)

4 Likes

Great to set yourself a challenge.

2 Likes

@CalebEllis, “Just Think About It” is one of my new favorite songs. I listen to it all the time! :blush:

5 Likes

Today’s album: Kenny Smith Studebaker

5 Likes