Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Spiral Discussion. STATUS: Attention Homeschooled - A poll/survey for you!

Sittin on top of the world

1 Like

Yeah!
Sitting on top of the world
I’ll go stepping too
Columbus stockade blues
Etc…

1 Like

Sittin on Top of the World is a GOOD situation. He’s not worrying anymore and he’s sitting on top of the world :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

It’s gross. You don’t rejoice when your wife runs off. I don’t excuse it cause it’s in a song.

3 Likes

Who said it was his wife? You constantly read things into Scripture, songs, and science that aren’t actually there :joy:

Even worse if it wasn’t

2 Likes

Explain?

It’s not that Sitting on top of the World is even like in my top 1000 favorite songs. It doesn’t mean anything to me and I don’t enjoy it that much. My point in playing devil’s advocate here is to show how biased and desperate your reasoning is in condemning literally any song about two people deciding to go separate ways. :joy:

Would you condemn the situation? So why is the song right?

Maybe that song was written in a great way because an unrelated evil person left. But you asked for an example and that’s the first thing that came to mind :rofl:

Just so we all can be clear…

The situation: Two people are interested in each other and then they aren’t

No, I wouldn’t condemn that situation

We keep saying it over and over again. The song doesn’t even have to glorify it. It can be talking about how bad the situation is. The point is that practically every song is about these bad situations, no room for anything positive. And that’s not what we need to be dwelling on in my opinion.

2 Likes

No of course not. But Satan was the MASTER MUSICIAN. He WILL use ANYTHING to distract Chistians from the truth and promote his agenda. With the ability music has to sway the emotions, why would he not create a style of music to accomplish he schemes?

2 Likes

So you think all the classic typical love songs aren’t talking about married people?

Soo…
a) Lucifer had musical instruments ingrained in him
b) Lucifer fell= music is bad
c) the type of music that is bad is whatever I arbitrarily think it must be but not bluegrass because I like it

Ok. So 99% of bluegrass bands play 99% of their songs to promote THIS message: “two people are interested in each other and then they aren’t.” I believe our band has got a higher message. Every band/musician has that choice to make before themselves and God.

5 Likes

It’s called “we don’t know”. It’s not in the song. It could mean different things to different people. Have you ever encountered the phenomenon called “something being open to different interpretations that could both be correct”?

1 Like

I agree. You appear to misunderstand my entire purpose.

Negativity is important!
If it wasn’t for condemnation, I would have never been saved. But Psalm 40:3 states “And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.” So when we only focus on negativity, especially in music, we take away God’s ability to convict our audience and simply let our flesh condemn our sad situations.

If Paul and Silas had decided to sing a lonesome song in the prison in Acts 16 instead of singing praises to God, the Philippian Jailer and his family wouldn’t have been saved

4 Likes

How do you get that out of what i said?? Really??

the fact that he was th master musician means he will have ALL the knowledge and ALL the Know How to create a style of music to directly draw us away from Christ.

6 Likes