Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Spiral Discussion. STATUS: Attention Homeschooled - A poll/survey for you!

At Galax the word is TRADITIONAL. Traditional bluegrass for the bluegrass category, traditional old-time for the old-time category. I can’t really tell you that; it would sure be beautiful I’m sure. But the judges are definitely best versed in bluegrass instrumental tunes.

Now for the band contest, I’d go for a gospel song without thinking twice, as long as it’s a traditional one!

2 Likes

If it’s a really common hymn everyone knows, then you could be sure the judges would know it too.

1 Like

I never knew Big Sciota had an Em till the B part.

In the B part, I play C first, then Em

Ooh, we’ll get to see if Michael or Libby is better at guitar.

It doesn’t actually mean that one of us is better. It means the arrangement and execution thereof was better

1 Like

Well good luck. But to be honest, I hope Libby destroys you! :joy::rofl:

Why? :joy:

1 Like

Because you’re mean to me.

1 Like

Plus, I gotta root for my big sister. Remember you said Libby is Lucy and I’m Linus from Charlie Brown?

1 Like

I should come to Galax dragging a blanket and holding a sign that says “Go Libby!”

5 Likes

:joy: I guess if you want…

4 Likes

She’ll probably destroy me anyway because knowing me I’ll probably end up not practicing until like the week before the competition :joy:

1 Like

I could come dressed like Linus and I bet Gunnar would happily be Lucy. And then you could be Charlie Brown.

1 Like

Gunnar would be Pigpen.

2 Likes

Probably :rofl:

1 Like

As if I’ve never been mean to you, Mason? Haha.

Oh ok I see what you mean about Big Sciota - yes I’ve always done C before Em too. I got that from Bryan Sutton’s course. I guess there’s another way though?

If it’s fair judging, Michael should beat me, but nobody goes to Galax to care about winning. If you do, that ruins the fun. Whatever happens it’ll be a blast!

5 Likes

I think mainly old-time players play the Em before the C.

You’ll have to see if the judges like Jake or Tony better… :laughing:

4 Likes