Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Spiral Discussion. STATUS: Attention Homeschooled - A poll/survey for you!

Interesting - i’m pretty sure in the tab off his course it had C first. Not positive though!

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure they don’t want to hear Tony Rice licks, so I will not be playing like my normal self

1 Like

Wow!! Well I’m glad I’ll get to be there to hear your first great guitar song!!! (just kidding of course) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Haha! It’s gonna be fun to remember… the day that Michael played like someone other than Tony Rice!!! :musical_note:

4 Likes

Well, who else am I gonna play like? It’s just going to be standard flatpicking guitar.

And then I’ll be jamming actual bluegrass songs with plenty of Tony Rice lick opportunities.

3 Likes

You haven’t been mean, just firm remember? :joy:

4 Likes

If @Flatpickin_Libby beats @Michael_Mark, then we know Jake is better. If @Michael_Mark beats @Flatpickin_Libby, then Michael can keep thinking Tony is better.

7 Likes

Jake is better, that’s just an obvious fact :joy:

4 Likes

Umm no.

2 Likes

That’s what I say too. I wouldn’t be a fair representative of the world’s best guitarist; can’t judge his playing by mine!

2 Likes

Do you disregard fingerstyle guitar in your criteria for the world’s best guitarist?

2 Likes

I don’t know my fingerstyle guitar players so I won’t claim to. :slight_smile: I like bluegrass flatpicking so that’s what I study. My “world” means this style.

1 Like

Ohh ok, best guitarist in Libby’s world :joy:

1 Like

Well that’s all that matters to me, right? :slight_smile:

I guess you do claim to live in a bubble.

Whenever we discuss our favorite guitar players we’re talking bluegrass. No need to get outside the genre we play and love.

Ok, but I happen to love multiple genres.

Did Tony Rice play fingerstyle? Jake does

What kind??

Tony didn’t play fingerstyle, and Jake plays fingerstyle but not very often