Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Spiral Discussion. STATUS: Attention Homeschooled - A poll/survey for you!

So what, do they beam the curvature of the earth into the plane windows??

At the equinox’s how does it provide light to exactly half the earth?

But it goes out of sight Michael. Shine a flashlight at me a mile away in the pitch black and I won’t see it.

Because said flashlight is not nearly as the sun which was designed to light the earth…

and also the curvature of the earth

1 Like

These ancient Greeks also worshipped the sun. And began the sun worship that’s still going on in different forms today.

Well technically, in coal mines people have done that and you can see the light for miles and miles.

2 Likes

At the equinox the sun is right at the equator and its path covers exactly half the earth.

It’s path covers half the earth, but it’s light wouldn’t.

The sun wasn’t designed to light the earth. Just part of it. It isn’t bright or big enough to light the entire earth and that’s how God created it.

“And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:14-18‬ ‭KJV‬

Depends on the brightness of the light obviously

It’s not the same idea, actually. It’s literally the same concept as me asking you how far the Ricky Skaggs concert is and you saying “45 minutes away.” It’s a measure of how long light would take to get to a destination.

You mean how God ordained it to light just part of the earth, and how He did that by making the earth a sphere?

Please explain tidal activity.

4 Likes

Y’all I’m going to bed. Leave me a list of questions for the morning. I love this conversation, if everybody on the forum is ok with it and doesn’t mind! I have made several flat earth converts over the years. My dad, my neighbor, people who were very outspokenly against it. :slight_smile: I don’t have all the answers but I love spurring people on to think about this stuff.

2 Likes

No it doesn’t, you can’t take a little flash light and light exactly one half of a plate with it. Geometry just doesn’t allow it.

2 Likes

Have you told Jake about this?

3 Likes

Not big enough to light the entire earth but then manages to heat all the earth??

Psalm 19:4-6
4 …In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
6 His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.

2 Likes

Ohhhh man, now that is a great question.

2 Likes

Good point. To do that, you would need a very focused ray of light, and if that was our sun, we’d probably be dead. Not to mention that it wouldn’t be able to heat the whole earth.

I can help Libby with that.

Psalm 104:9
9 Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth.

The waters always try like long jump but then at the beach they bump into this block that they are forced to retreat to try again thus forming waves! Do they give up? No! Can they succeed, no way?!! so waves, waves, waves.

3 Likes

I don’t mean exactly half. I’m just saying part is lit up and part isn’t. Obviously there’s an in-between area too… we call that dawn and dusk. Watch this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fksvopynwlodjfq/light%20over%20earth%20model.MOV?dl=0

No, that isn’t what I meant… too many Bible verses about the earth between stretched out, and the heavens too being stretched out like a tent.

I’ll answer in detail tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Uh, no. I love talking about it with anybody, but it doesn’t come up in conversations much.

The part that’s not under the sun is still receiving the warmth filling the entire closed dome of the earth. We are protected, sealed, and surrounded by waters, so what would make us freezing cold anyway?

1 Like