Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Spiral Discussion. STATUS: Attention Homeschooled - A poll/survey for you!

In a futile attempt to drive the conversation back to bluegrass, I asked how everyone approaches improvisation. And everyone totally ignored me.

1 Like

We go outside and study the sun and stars and then go put our fingers on the guitar and it just happens.

4 Likes

Oh wow. Didn’t know it was so simple. I’ll have to try that :joy:

2 Likes

Facts.

1 Like

@Flatpickin_Libby, all well but how do the ships cross over?? Or is it at the edge of the plate, they do something like they do in Niagra Falls, or maybe a rotation, to transfer from one side to the other?

1 Like

The edge of the earth is surrounded by an ice wall and beyond miles of ice is the wall of the firmament. It’s been discovered but you’ll never hear about it, as it’s well guarded today.

Not sure I really understand the ships question; they just sail around the circular plate of the earth, with the North Pole in the center.

But then there are two sides to the plate, you know? I thought you agreed while one side of the plate is day, the other side is night. If the ship travelled only on the rim of the plate, it will probably never see night or day?? But then how does it get to the middle of the plate. Or is it the ports only at the rim?

Why make it like a plate? Why not like a Tennikoit? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennikoit . More interesting shape! This is advancement to your theory. Like what they planned around Mars. Ships can easily cross over in that case.

1 Like

Also how can we see sun rise and sun set if its just a spot light?

4 Likes

So if a ship goes around the rim of the earth, following the sunlight (assuming it’s traveling at the same speed), yes, it will stay in either night or day. That’s precisely why the north is called the land of the midnight sun. The sun and moon are making big circles over the earth right? So at the same time, they’re also moving closer and further in and out all year, in relation to the center of the circle. When the sun’s circle is closer to the north (center of the earth) in the summer, you have daylight for 24 hours for months. When the sun has moved further away to the south (the whole circumference of the earth) it’s daylight for 24 hours in the south and constant darkness in the north. We also have time zones because of the sun moving above the earth, lighting up its little area beneath with a direct pool of light.
I assume by “two sides of the plate” we’re both talking about divisions of light on the earth’s face - not the underside obviously!

1 Like

@oaklymaple I think I answered that about the equinoxes before I even saw what you typed. :slight_smile: I can observe this too. In the summer, I see that the sun is traveling on the northern side of the sky, and in the winter it’s on the south side. So its path has moved. It makes a lot of clear sense.

As the sun sets it’s just disappearing beyond our horizon. There are fascinating time lapse videos of flat earth sunsets. You can literally just see the thing running away, and then it slips out of our sight. Same with when it rises; you just see it coming closer. It’s so amazing, God’s faithful messenger that’s been circling above the earth giving light for 6000 years. And it’s there to serve us, not be the center of the universe.

How does it work though? If the earth is flat there should be a horizon. You would expect the sun to just get smaller and smaller.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I observe. It gets smaller till the eye can’t see anymore.

Does my graphic explain yours? In the winter the sun is making a larger circle as it’s closer to the edge, so there’s more daylight in the south.

BeYOOOOOOOOOOND the sunseeeeeet… BeYOOOnd the flat earth for me (flat earth for me……)

1 Like

Spare me!! :woman_astronaut:t2:

1 Like

So we are sailing on the ocean.
see nothing…then see snow covered peak…later as we get closer we see the whole mountain

This does not happen on a flat surface…

a person @ six ft above sea level can see approx only 12 miles…we can see much farther in a straight line.

2 Likes

As things get closer our eyes see them. So you think because you can’t see a mountain from the middle of the sea, it’s beneath the earth’s curve? Get a huge zoom lens and you’ll see it in plain sight. It’s at eye level, our eye just can’t render vision that far. Tons of proofs of this on YouTube… How something should not be seen at a certain distance if the earth were a globe, but then through a camera or binoculars you can see it’s actually right there on ground level!

And I was DONE I had said. Banjo Ben, this is THEIR fault. :joy:

So according to your theory, how does the sun manage to hide himself. I understand when he makes the larger circle (winter solstice), it could look smaller and less to no light but how does it hide? The distance between sun and earth is too large to compare to the diameter of the earth to do the hiding. If the surface is not flat and like a disc (in discuss throw) to allow place to hide, a place in the rim will not get long enough light during day! How do you reconcile all these things?

2 Likes

You will not…try it.

Keep in mind we can see the moon, mountain ranges 50 miles away, etc. easily.

3 Likes

Libby, have you ever flown in a plane?

1 Like