Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Good Ol' Days

In the good ol’ days, two boys, full of mischief, decided to annoy a neighbor. Late one night, they hooked up a tapper using a fishing weight attached to a string and suspended above a window by a nail. Another long string attached to the weight allowed the boys the freedom to hide out in the darkness and tug the string periodically to produce a satisfying tap.
They kept tapping away till the man of the house, enraged at the torment, dashed outside, found the string then raced along it to catch the culprits. It was then he discovered they had moved the outhouse.

I was skateboarding before it was cool. Back in the late 60’s, they had metal wheels. The next tires were soft gummy stuff that had better traction, but picked up annoying bits of gravel …
Anyway, we had just moved to a house in town on a steep hill. I decided to try it out and took my board. I noted there were a couple girls about my age on the corner watching, so I decided to impress them.
Zig zagging downhill, I immediately attained a momentum beyond my control. The only hope for recovery was to slam the board into the curb and take off running to dismount. The neighbors yard was near, so I made a flying dismount. Racing at top speed, when my feet slipped and flat on my back I went skidding on the grass. I was soaking wet as I got up and there was a horrific smell. The septic system had run over. I learned more about their septic system in 5 seconds than anyone should ever have to.
As I slunk home, my journey was accompanied by female laughter.

— Begin quote from "Harv"

In the good ol’ days, two boys, full of mischief, decided to annoy a neighbor. Late one night, they hooked up a tapper using a fishing weight attached to a string and suspended above a window by a nail. Another long string attached to the weight allowed the boys the freedom to hide out in the darkness and tug the string periodically to produce a satisfying tap.
They kept tapping away till the man of the house, enraged at the torment, dashed outside, found the string then raced along it to catch the culprits. It was then he discovered they had moved the outhouse.

— End quote

I guess he fell for that one >

— Begin quote from "Harv"

I was skateboarding before it was cool. Back in the late 60’s, they had metal wheels. The next tires were soft gummy stuff that had better traction, but picked up annoying bits of gravel …
Anyway, we had just moved to a house in town on a steep hill. I decided to try it out and took my board. I noted there were a couple girls about my age on the corner watching, so I decided to impress them.
Zig zagging downhill, I immediately attained a momentum beyond my control. The only hope for recovery was to slam the board into the curb and take off running to dismount. The neighbors yard was near, so I made a flying dismount. Racing at top speed, when my feet slipped and flat on my back I went skidding on the grass. I was soaking wet as I got up and there was a horrific smell. The septic system had run over. I learned more about their septic system in 5 seconds than anyone should ever have to.
As I slunk home, my journey was accompanied by female laughter.

— End quote

which brings to mind when I was but a lad and not wanting to offend the girl walking toward me by letting farts , I decided to run past her so I could let it out alone but the first step even up with her and the farts kept coming with each step I took they got louder ,, I never looked back I just kept on running .

Hilarious!!!

Q- ‘What did you get on your algebra test?’
A-‘Drool.’

Thats about right