Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Day Death Died

@grace,

Here is the .TEF file for the song.

The Day Death Died.tef (4.9 KB)

Module 1: Mandolin
Module 2: Alternate Guitar TAB (is now off)
Module 3: Bass
Module 4: Voice (Melody)
Module 5: Guitar TAB

@grace or @michael_mark please let me know if you could successfully download and play this…

3 Likes

Can anyone download this .TEF file? Is it playable?

Please let me know… as I want to ensure I’ve posted it properly.

2 Likes

Hi Will, Well done 2ThumbsUp

3 Likes

Death is alive but the tef file is dead though! Can’t open it. :frowning:

3 Likes

Hi John what are you using to try to open the file ?

2 Likes

Hi Archie, I used the tef viewer. It came out with the blank tab type of thing.

The error was: 06 file does not appear to have been created with a registered version of TablEdit

3 Likes

Hi John, Thanks for that. It opened and played in the Full Version so I guess the Demo files won’t work in TefView. That’s interesting to know.thank_you

4 Likes

Archie, yeah sounds like it. Originally I had tef viewer but after that some time I downloaded the demo version and that was when it started to behave a little weird. I removed the demo version but then I guess it left behind some type of a trail that it expects me to get the full version. I;m not sure how it behaves with people who had tef viewer only.

3 Likes

Hi John, I think you misunderstood my meaning. Will created the TEF File using the Demo Version of TablEdit. Yes I am sure when you uninstalled the Demo version it left behind fragment files but I don’t think these file fragments caused the error message.

3 Likes

Oh ok… Sounds like then to make you buy the full version as file creator, they discourage you sharing demo files . I’m planning on getting it though, not sure how soon.

3 Likes

Yes and Yes

4 Likes

Thanks @Archie,

Do you think it will work with another Demo version? I was saving to to share with @Grace and @Michael_Mark but I don’t know if they have the full versions or not?

By the way @Archie, you may hear that diminished chord change in this one… where the C chord to to C#. This song was the reason why I was asking about the notation/designation for this passage. :+1:

2 Likes

Hi Will, The proof of the pudding is in the eating. @Grace and @Michael_Mark are the ones that need to try it.

Diminished chord ??? I wasn’t really listening, sorry I am just too busy trying to learn the banjo Will. Sorry Bro, I need to get some studying done. You know what I am sayin.

3 Likes

With all the efforts you provide to us here on the Forum @Archie… Along with posting cool and rare videos, practicing and your steady progress on the Banjo, there couldn’t be much time for… Studying. :smile:

By the way, you ripped right through your contest submission like it didn’t take a second thought - or a second take :movie_camera:, for that matter! :+1: Very well done indeed - even BRILLIANT! :facepunch:

3 Likes

:pensive: Sorry @JohnM

3 Likes

That’s ok, Bill. As I was more of a passive participant in this. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Grace and @Michael_Mark,

Realizing this .TEF might not work (if you use demo version too), I tried to just record it as it played.

Please excuse the poor quality and goofy melody sound. Oh… and I had the bass turned up but it doesn’t come through so well on this little phone mic. Too bad because I rather like it.

I tried to use the rhythm pattern you were strumming in the demos, @Grace. I have a second alternate guitar which is more of a straight “Boom, Chick-a, Boom, Chick-a” pattern… Like “1, 2 and 3, 4 and” train rhythm.

Finally, even tough it was less than 16 measures (Demo Mode limit), the program kept erasing my written ending (Caboose)… so in the interest of time after many attempts to re-write a 2 bar ending, I just gave up in frustration and ended it. :pensive:

3 Likes

Hi @Grace,

Hope you and your family are well.

Did you find this helpful at all for the timing and/or the melody?

I know it is a bit different than what you sang.

Any thoughts or ideas?

4 Likes

Yes, I think it does help me with the timing, sounds good! ideas… not really sure where to go next.

4 Likes

@Grace,
I have an idea. What if you turn off all the modules except the bass and then try to play the guitar part?

Did you take a look at the guitar tab?

Also, if you don’t like the revised Melody that goes up high, you can always sing it in your own way. Even alternating the melody wouldn’t be a bad idea.

I’m not sure how you feel about the tempo.

My thought is that if you were able to lay down the guitar part with your voice and send it back to me, I might be able to leave the mandolin on top of it.

By the way, this was to enable all three verses to be sung but I can extend it with more repeats if that is necessary.

3 Likes