Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Day Death Died

I might try playing the guitar with just the bass. I’ll try to work on it more tomorrow.
Sorry I haven’t gotton back to you quickly, we have been busy trying to finish up the school year.

It seems a little fast, but I don’t mind.

2 Likes

@Grace,

I totally understand about your school as I see my son working each day also. Please do take care of your schoolwork. This is most important.

If you wish, you can easily adjust the speed by going under the Metronome setting.

So, I also invite to look at the guitar Tab module - even if it is turned off, you can use it to read as you play.

If you have any questions at all, please let me know, ok? :+1:

2 Likes

Yes sir, thanks!:+1:

1 Like

@grace,

You are always so polite with me. Your parents have done a wonderful job raisin’ ya! Please share I said so with them because as the parent of a teenager, we parents appreciate to hear this type of positive feedback about our kids. It is music to our ears and is the very best kind of compliment to hear.

Several thoughts cross my mind:

1. I feel like this song is very nice and I am proud to have worked on it… but it was that phrase you wrote that inspired me… and your first demo created the basis for the song’s melody… not to mention your inspring voice. As so, I feel like it is as much your song as anyone’s!

I totally understand about your schoolwork - of course. Plus, other time commitments too. Please know I’d like to continue to develop this with you… but not make you feel pressured about it!

In this light, feel free to be open about your feelings… if you want to (or not) work further. I will understand regardless and just am happy to have been a part of this. It is important to me that - in my enthusiasm for the song - I don’t push you in any way, OK?

1. If you want to work further, please use the file in any way you want. If it is too fast, slow it down… even if you want to slow it way down. If you want to modify the melody line (take out the upper part of the verse to repeat the lower part) please do.

I feel like we are still experimenting… but it just takes a little longer in this format, that’s all.

1. Since you lend your nice voice, I think the song should be built around that principally - as the song should be sung comfortably… the vocalist leading the song’s framework with the music to fit around it.

A band I like very much expressed this… as the lyricist was not the vocalist. They agreed that the vocalist must ‘feel right’ about how the song should be sung - or it wouldn’t be as effective… and I agree with this.

1. I am not sure about working through this site for ongoing deveopment of the song. I mean, I am fine with it but maybe other Forum members don’t care about such details?

In this light, I offer to send you my email - should you prefer to work that way. You let me know and I can email to you separately, IF that is your preference. If you want to keep working here -GREAT… I am happy to do that too… so I leave that to you.

1. Modules:

Do you know how to turn Modules on and off? There are numbers in the upper right part of the TablEdit numbered 1-5. above the number is a thin colored bar that can be clicked to toggle between on and off. Clicking the number itself will take you to that instrument’s TAB.

The Guitar TAB that was on in the file shared (Module 5) was my attempt to duplicate the strum pattern I heard you play in your demos. I’m not sure it is perfect but my best attempt to write it.

A second rhythm Guitar Tab was written in Module 2. Obviously, it is in the same chord structure but just has another rhythm… used just to hear contrast. Feel free to check it out.

I may bring working on a Banjo part at some point soon .

Well, enough for now. Let me know your thoughts when you have a moment and let me know if email is better for you.

God Bless you and your family @Grace. Be well.

4 Likes

Thank you, I’ll tell them :blush:
Yes, I guess trying to work this all out on the site isn’t easy, but I think I’d rather talk though the site.
I was able to turn off the modules like you said, but just haven’t had a whole lot of time to figure out the rest.
What I am wondering though, is there something specific you want me to work on that would help? I’m really not sure how I can help now. Where do we go now? We’ve gotten a melody and words, and now you’ve even written it all out! So whats the end goal, I guess is what I’m asking :upside_down_face:

Hope your doing well too Mr. Coop

3 Likes

@Grace,

I don’t know the best way to pull this off but I wish we could make a recording with the music being played by actual instruments to replace the silly ones on the MIDI and have you sing all 3 verses complete.

Plus, I dislike that I could add a caboose on the end - even as the file was like 12 bars… and the limit with free demos was said to be 16. I tried and tried to add at least 2 bars to repeat the end and take it to a high G for the end but the software just would save it. It kept cutting off the bars 13-14 and so I just flat gave up.

I will buy the program one day probably.

As to a good way to translate what we have to replacing with real instruments and decent sound… I am also lost. :pensive:

2 Likes

Same. I don’t have many musical friends near me, perhaps you have people you know that could sing it and play with you?

2 Likes

Perhaps… @Grace

Thank you for all you’ve done. I appreciate it more than words can express. :pray::grinning:

1 Like

Yes sir, glad I could help.:+1::upside_down_face:

1 Like