Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Canary Series

I know, I know 2 non-bluegrass submissions in a row but these are ones Daniel can’t/won’t play with me and he went back to work so now was my chance! :rofl:

9 Likes

They did great!
Also great picking, I love ragtime music

4 Likes

@banjoboyk,

Way to represent - solo!

Nicely done. I was trying to play this just today… At about 1/2 the speed and 1/2 the notes. :pensive:

4 Likes

Hey Kaleb you never fail to inspire me. Well done. :+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

Great picking, I love playing that song on the piano, it’s probably time for me to learn it on banjo.

3 Likes

This just confirms my notion, there IS common ground between Banjo and Ragtime. They just feel like American Cousins - in a musical sense.

Great job!

Not to take away from @banjoboyk’s solo performance (Kaleb already knows I’m a fan anyway) but wow… it would be so cool to see a whole accoustic instrument band do more of this style. I like Ragtime so much.

4 Likes

@WillCoop I really love ragtime music and played it on the piano (@D_HRRFan7303) before deciding I wanted to learn it on banjo. I searched and searched until I found Bill Knopf’s website and he sells a Scott Joplin tab book and CD (sold separately). I had the Janet Davis book before that but all it had was the Entertainer and I wanted more. Will, you’ll get it. It just takes practice😉and you are doing that. Thanks Archie and Gunnar! Oh also I have the Entertainer on YouTube with my dad and Daniel. It’s a concert and kind of a lousy recording because there was feedback but you might like it.

6 Likes

Today’s video

8 Likes

Check out Alan Munde’s Great American Banjo Songbook. Lots of good ragtime arrangements in there.

4 Likes

Liked it very much!!

3 Likes

Nice fiddling!

5 Likes

@mharrison43 I will check it out! Thanks for the recommendation! Today’s installment.

12 Likes

Fabulous again! The fiddlin’ just puts it over the top of your solid foundation @banjoboyk

5 Likes

Great job!

4 Likes

Thanks @WillCoop and @Dragonslayer!

Happy Easter everyone!

11 Likes

Fine job fellas!!

4 Likes

Nice of you to thank us… @banjoboyk… but Kaleb, it is us who thank you for sharing your talents - and yes, that includes the Canary :bird::hatching_chick:

I’ll Fly Away… In Joy on the Wings of Angels this Easter… :latin_cross::pray:

4 Likes

Great job Guy’s I just can’t keep up with all these posts. I think your all fantastic. high_five

3 Likes

That sounded great!

4 Likes

Thanks guys. Today’s took a few takes. My D tuners are not holding. Here’s the video for today. :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes