Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Canary Series Part 2

Starting a new thread for our videos of the day. If you are just joining in we have called these the Canary Series because my grandma and her canary moved in with us just before the stay at home orders went into effect for my state. Oliver LOVES the live music and we never know when he will burst into song and sing along so we just went with it! Today’s video is Limehouse Blues.

19 Likes

Very nicely syncopated gentleman ! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Big fan of you guys :cowboy_hat_face: :banjo: - & the Canary :bird: !

But I am including a :cactus: just because cactus are cool!

:mega:
“Let’s Shake Some Dust”!
“Let’s Shake Some Dust”!!!

4 Likes

Thanks! This one took some practice…:grin:

3 Likes

Really @banjoboyk ?

You are pulling this one off? Cool Doggies!

2 Likes

@WillCoop, pulling what off? Limehouse Blues took some practice. I’m not sure what you are referring to?

3 Likes

I thought you meant you liked this song and were learning it.

I like everything y’all do.

3 Likes

Oh, sorry. No. We had to smooth through Limehouse Blues for several days before it was ready. I think the single hardest lick I know is in this song. Didn’t mean to get you excited!

4 Likes

So we decided to have some fun with the contest song and change it up a bit. Our video for today.

20 Likes

Cloud961 bravo

5 Likes

Man, @banjoboyk,

I really liked this inspired rendition! I enjoyed the whole thing but from 0:33 to 0:50… and the gradual descending back down to open position was soooooo nice! :+1:

Many times, the transition is very swift - even abrupt - and so I like the smooth transition here… as a listener can enjoy the tonal change quality down the neck.

3 Likes

This one took me way too long to get recorded. A little rough around the edges but I hope you like it.

18 Likes

Wow man, I’m really impressed!

9 Likes

Thanks @BanjoBen! High praise!

7 Likes

Outstanding!

5 Likes

Hi Kaleb, I have to say that was brilliant. And a tough lesson to learn. I learned the Eddie Collins arrangement and as I recall it has around six very complex sections covering all 22 frets of the fingerboard… I recorded it about 6 years ago and posted it on my YouTube channel. if you care to check it out. No where as near as good as yours though. I take my hat off to you. hat_wave

3 Likes

Thanks @Archie! I will go check it out! It is a very complex song and I’ve been working on it off and on for over a year. Still ended up with a metronome in my ear because the timing is uniquely difficult. :smirk:

5 Likes

That was awesome! That’s like my favorite piano song, I still need to learn it on the banjo.

5 Likes

@D_HRRFan7303 Daniel learned it on the piano. We love all things Scott Joplin! If you are interested in the tab for it, I got it from the Bill Knopf website. There is also a CD you can get to go with it. Today’s video. They recorded without me. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

13 Likes

gif applaud bravo

5 Likes