Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Tef files on iPad

I’m new to iPad. Need some help on how to get the tef files to play on tefpad app. From Ben’s site the file opens in a new tab, all jumbled up.

does the same thing to me, not sure why but if you have a computer and you download them to computer first and then sync them to your ipad with itunes you can open them up. I will experiment a little more with the direct links in the next day or so

Hi all … gosh I like the Ipad; so light and portable with such bright graphics. I would love for these tef files to play easily on it. I’ve got the tef reader app and have been trying to figure out how to transfer and save the files to Itunes so they will sync. I can easily save the files to my hard drive, but am unable to get them over to the Itunes library. Any advice would be most helpful.

New member to Banjo Ben and finding it to be an awesome place to learn.
Fellow aviator as well.

Thank you Banjo Ben!

They make a tefview version for the ipad as well that you should be able to find in the app store. Thats what i use and u can either sync the tef files via itunes or via making your ipad a wifi server via the tefview software

I downloaded the tef file onto my computer and then sent it to myself via email. On iPad, go to the email and tap and hold the tef file and choose ‘Share’ and choose Tefview and it should open in Tefview. You can now see it in the Tefview folder under Inbox.

This may be no help, but I have downloaded a couple of Ben’s tef files on my iPhone.

1. Go to BanjoBen using your Safari browser.
  2. Choose the tef file you want to download. As soon as I tap it, my iPhone asks if I want to download it. I say “Yes.”
  3. It ends up in a desktop folder called “Files.” If memory serves, this was a folder created by my phone at the time I did the first download.
  4. Once there, I simply tap the file & it plays. I don’t think I’ve ever downloaded a separate tef player app.

So that how it works on my iPhone SE. I don’t imagine the iPad is a whole lot different since they use similar operating systems.
Good luck. Nothing ruins a good time like technology!

1 Like