Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Teen Picker's Online Collaboration

Ok- Foggy Mountain Breakdown, in no particular order:
@Michael_Mark Classic Scruggs Solo beginning and end
@Dragonslayer Fiddle
@D_HRRFan7303 Banjo half up the neck half down the neck, different from Michaels.
@Kevin_S Dobro!
@Fisherbro Guitar
@Dragonslayer banjo
@gospelguitar04 Guitar
@D_HRRFan7303 Mando
@MicahE628 Banjo

3 Likes

@FisherKD, @banjoboyk, I am assuming breaks, I am unsure of instruments.
@theChristiancowgirl, @SPilot8319, @GraceS, and any others I have not mentioned of forgot, want to participate?

2 Likes

Am I supposed to play the banjo backup too, or is someone else doing that? Probably just vamping over the chords would be best

3 Likes

That would be good. It would be really cool if you could do Earl Scruggs ā€œBoogie Backupā€ for a couple.

3 Likes

Will do. Oh, and also I think 2 banjo solos are normally played at the beginning of FMB.

3 Likes

I havenā€™t come up with an order of breaks yet, but you probably have a better idea where stuff should go, so if you could do that, that would be great.

3 Likes

Thanks! I can play that one if you want

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl:Too bad we arenā€™t doing video, Iā€™m laughing just thinking about the possibilities.

3 Likes

Just keep in mind thereā€™s eight and a half entire break lengths on the track (each entire break is two time through) so some might have to split breaks

3 Likes

Hereā€™s the Flatt & Scruggs version:

3 Likes

I donā€™t know very good backup on dobro unfortunately :smirk:. Iā€™ll see if I can come up with something but there might not be dobro backup.

2 Likes

Maybe just sliding into each chord?

2 Likes

Yeah I could do something like that.

2 Likes

Chop chords on the Dobro should be fine :+1:

3 Likes

I donā€™t wanna clash with the mandolin. The biggest problem is I canā€™t chop very well.

3 Likes

I am adding @SPilot8319 to this thread.

We are going to remotely (via the internet) create a couple mixes (Salt Creek and Foggy Mountain Breakdown) for everyone on BBC to enjoy. Let me know what breaks you want on each song.

2 Likes

Sweet! Iā€™ve never played either of those songs before

2 Likes

Hereā€™s Foggy mountain breakdown lesson

Itā€™s slightly out of tune at the start but I did fix it quickly

6 Likes

Hey thanks so much, Gunnar! I really appreciate it! I should be able to learn this pretty easily. Great tutorial!
Iā€™m not sure if I will get to your arrangement of FMB on the guitar or not. I donā€™t have a ton of time. @Kevin_S sent me his tab which I adapted a bit. That seems a little easier and I will probably be able to learn it faster, but you never know. If I get some time, I will watch your video and see if I can figure it out! This video sure was easy to follow! Great job!

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind words, Iā€™m glad I could help!

3 Likes