Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Teen Picker's Online Collaboration

Ok I finally got this scratch track up, keep in mind that it’s just for keeping time, so you’ll still need to play rhythm over it also, and feel free to use the Emajor…
https://www.flatpickerhangout.com/myhangout/music.asp?id=53360#

If someone else could record the scratch track for SC that would be convenient cuz I can’t right now.

Also I’m uploading a tutorial for SC on guitar right now, and I’ll link it here as soon as it finishes uploading

3 Likes

Ok here’s a melody solo for Salt Creek

4 Likes

Nice tutorial Gunnar! Is anyone gonna play the cross-eyed Banjo Ben super advanced guitar solo?

3 Likes

I can’t tell y’all how much I’ve enjoyed reading through this thread. As someone who was never involved in music my entire life (well at least the for 48 years) I’ve never had conversations like what I’m reading. Makes me want to get a time machine and tell young me “Hey, quit working on free throws and running stadiums. Grab a mandolin and get over to the jam to learn Salt Creek!”

Thanks y’all for sharing all of this!

6 Likes

Thanks for the scratch track Gunnar, Now I have to seriously train my right hand to play that fast… :roll_eyes::wink:

2 Likes

Ok- Foggy Mountain Breakdown, in no particular order:
@Michael_Mark Classic Scruggs Solo beginning and end
@Dragonslayer Fiddle
@D_HRRFan7303 Banjo half up the neck half down the neck, different from Michaels.
@Kevin_S Dobro!
@Fisherbro Guitar
@Dragonslayer banjo
@gospelguitar04 Guitar
@D_HRRFan7303 Mando
@MicahE628 Banjo

3 Likes

@FisherKD, @banjoboyk, I am assuming breaks, I am unsure of instruments.
@theChristiancowgirl, @SPilot8319, @GraceS, and any others I have not mentioned of forgot, want to participate?

2 Likes

Am I supposed to play the banjo backup too, or is someone else doing that? Probably just vamping over the chords would be best

3 Likes

That would be good. It would be really cool if you could do Earl Scruggs “Boogie Backup” for a couple.

3 Likes

Will do. Oh, and also I think 2 banjo solos are normally played at the beginning of FMB.

3 Likes

I haven’t come up with an order of breaks yet, but you probably have a better idea where stuff should go, so if you could do that, that would be great.

3 Likes

Thanks! I can play that one if you want

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl:Too bad we aren’t doing video, I’m laughing just thinking about the possibilities.

3 Likes

Just keep in mind there’s eight and a half entire break lengths on the track (each entire break is two time through) so some might have to split breaks

3 Likes

Here’s the Flatt & Scruggs version:

3 Likes

I don’t know very good backup on dobro unfortunately :smirk:. I’ll see if I can come up with something but there might not be dobro backup.

2 Likes

Maybe just sliding into each chord?

2 Likes

Yeah I could do something like that.

2 Likes

Chop chords on the Dobro should be fine :+1:

3 Likes

I don’t wanna clash with the mandolin. The biggest problem is I can’t chop very well.

3 Likes