Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Tabledit question

I’m trying to tab some dobro licks with Tabledit and I need to slide into a note from below and then slide up to another note. I can’t quite figure out how to do this. I can either slide from below, or slide between two notes, but not both. Anyone know how to do this?

I can make 3 notes and then put a slide between each of them. For example, I can put a note at 2nd fret, 3rd fret and 4th fret of the same string, then put a slide between the first and second, and a slide between the second and third. I do this by putting all three notes and then adding the slide effect to the first two notes. I am guessing that isn’t what you are looking for.

I was trying not to put the note at the 2nd fret. I wanted to slide into the 3rd fret from an undefined point below. I usually do that by entering the note, then using the “S” and the left angle bracket on my keyboard to add the slide. My problem starts when I try to add a slide from the 3rd to the 4th fret since that would require adding a second slide to a single note.

Ok, I am with you now. I wasn’t familiar with it, but looked up the “slide from nowhere.” I am playing with it. One of the problems is that the effects are (mostly) mutually exclusive… if you pick one, others are deselected. If you double click on a note there are some “combinations” available. Nothing I have found works yet. I am playing with a tied ghosted note, but that doesn’t seem to work either. If I come up with something, I’ll pass it along. Thanks for teaching me about the slide from nowhere.

“Slide from nowhere”… that’s the term I couldn’t come up with. I want to slide from nowhere and then up to another note, but it might not be possible. It’s kind of tough to get an accurate reso sound with Tabledit, but it still works as a learning tool.

The “slide from nowhere” doesn’t really work the way I thought it would. It starts sliding on the beat where the note would normally start. Is that what you are looking for? I kind of expected the note to start before the beat and arrive at the intended note on the depicted beat. BTW, I still haven’t found a way that works.

— Begin quote from "mreisz"

The “slide from nowhere” doesn’t really work the way I thought it would. It starts sliding on the beat where the note would normally start. Is that what you are looking for?
— Begin quote from ____

I want the slide to end on the beat, and your comment got me thinking about trying a grace note slide into the note and then a regular slide out of the note. That seems to be pretty close to what I want.

— End quote

— End quote