Tab Needed

Does anyone have the Tab for the song “Winters Come and Gone?” If you don’t mind sharing it I would be very appreciative. Thank you

I wrote to Robby Boone (Banjo player for Lonesome Road) and asked him if he had a tab he could share of his version of picking this song. Robbie is an excellent Scruggs style picker.

If & when I hear back from him you’ll be the first to know.

Or were you looking for Gillian’s frailing version? ’

Nope. I like the picking version. Thanks very much. I’ve heard Dailey and Vincent sing this song. It’s a great song. Thank you. Merry Christmas.

Well,
Robby doesn’t write tab. He created his version from listening to Kenny and Amanda Smith. So, now we have three versions to listen to.
I can try to tab out what I can from these recordings once I find them and see how close I can come if you’d like, but it might take me a while and i can’t make any gaurantee as to exact correctness.
Another route might be to contact whoever played banjo on the other versions and see if they would be willing to send you a tab.

Dave

Daley & Vincent seem to only have guitar breaks. The Smiths have a fair banjo break in their version.

google.com/search?q=Kenny+a … =firefox-a

Thanks for trying. I am going to check with the suggestions you made. If I have any luck I will be sure to share.

Does anyone have a the .TEF file for 'The Ballad of Jed Clampett", preferably Scruggs version. Thanks in advance.

You can find it in the tab archives at banjohangout.org