Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Super excited about October

Time it so you pass though the cities two hour before rush hour begins and one hour after most folk start work. That way you’ll miss the bulk of the traffic. Plan to take your coffee and meal breaks during rush hour.

2 Likes

yep, or just drive through the night when their sleeping…

4 Likes

That’ll work too, I don’t do as much driving these days but I used to enjoy driving through the night. Just be mindful of your speed it’s so easy to put the pedal to the metal on a long clear stretch but the cops will be laying in wait for you. Drive safely no matter what.

2 Likes

Not to worry…old truck, old camper, old man…we’re all on cruise control :rofl:

6 Likes

7 Likes

Hello Dave,

I just saw this thread and figured I would introduce myself, my name is Matt, and I will be attending the October Cabin Camp with my twin brother Elliott. We are both in our mid twenties and really looking forward to meeting everyone in person! I currently live out in Los Alamos New Mexico and my brother is in Virginia! I have been playing mandolin for a couple of years but only really started putting an effort in back in October of last year … Hard to believe its been a year already… My brother Elliott has been playing the guitar for at least 6+ years, but this will be his first time trying to play bluegrass in a group setting! We are very exited to get out to nashville and meet everyone. We are racing to get the last of the tunes figured out for the camp, but it sounds like it wont be much longer. Cheers and looking forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks!

8 Likes

Hello @mhill3895. Looking forward to meeting you and Elliott.

2 Likes

Camper isn’t cooperating. Guess I’ll be staying at the Courtyard By Marriott.

Just as well: more free time, and don’t have to pull something all the way down & back.

5 Likes

Is it just me?

Does September seem to be just draaaging along for anyone else?

5 Likes

Nope, feels like it’s flying by. Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited. I just thought I would be better prepared by now and I feel like time is running out. I read somewhere that if I were the least prepared I stood to gain the most. If that holds true, I am going to leave camp with knowledge running out of my ears.

4 Likes

I’m sure you’ll get plenty of learning in. If you can get through the chord progressions to the songs you’ll have a great starting point when you get to camp.

Myself, I already knew some of the songs, and the new ones are doable for me before camp comes. But this is my last full month of work for this year (then Winter off! wav ) & it’s going mighty slow…

7 Likes

Happy first day, campers! I know y’all are going to have a great time. Y’all be sure and post up some pics and share some experiences with us. I’m just sitting here counting the days til next week.

3 Likes

Stoked!

5 Likes

Hey everybody. My name is Jeff and I’m coming from Preble County, Ohio. I’ve been trying to play for about 30 years. I don’t play all that well but I hope to make some new friends, have a few laughs, and leave my troubles behind for a few days.

8 Likes

Looking forward to meeting you, Jeff. I don’t play very well either, sounds like we’ll get along great.

3 Likes

Ya’ll seem like a bunch of good people. I was surprised their was a slot for a guitar player so close to camp. I just signed up two days ago!! I see it as a blessing for sure. It’s gonna be a scramble but I’ll be there. I’m not gonna eat tween now and then. Them there vittles look tasty.

7 Likes

Well, boys and girls, this is the day I’ve been waiting for. WE’VE been waiting for… I can’t believe how excited I am. I feel like a small child going to Disney. Can’t wait to meet everyone. I will say, though, this is way out of my comfort zone. Hope I can keep up. I’m counting on you all to drag me up a notch. See y’all soon.

2 Likes

Someone who is going to be there, post some pictures or videos! Sounds like a lot or fun!

2 Likes

As another that answers to the name “Dave” welcome to the forum! By the time you see this, you will have eaten your first meal at Cabin Camp (maybe some of that awesome BBQ that Ben serves) and you’ll have enjoyed a mini concert by the Purple Hulls. In 48 hours, you’ll be wondering where the time went and setting your alarm so you don’t miss out on the next Cabin Camp.

8 Likes

Well, this Dave just got home an hour ago from Camp and had a fantastic time! It was a great experience and I met so many wonderful people there.

Thanks to all the staff, instructors, and volunteers who were there for the fine instruction, hard work, and caring manner that helped make it such a success!

12 Likes