Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Super excited about October

Hello everyone. I’m David. I’m both excited and anxious about attending the October 7-9 Nashville Cabin Camp. I thought I would start a thread not only to introduce myself, but in hopes others attending the camp will join me in introducing themselves. I’m from the Nashville area. I’ve been learning to play the Banjo for a couple of years. I also attempt to play the guitar a little as well, but I’ve been focusing my attention on banjo. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

17 Likes

Welcome, Dave, to the forum! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

welcome David to @BanjoBen 's forum. always great to welcome another banjo player to the fold.

7 Likes

Welcome Dave. You’re going to have the time of your life at Cabin Camp. It’s awesome.

7 Likes

Camps are awesome. I was the least proficient at my camp but had a great time and learned a lot. Sorry I can’t jump in on this one as my niece is getting married that weekend.

3 Likes

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

5 Likes

Least proficient… Ha! I’m sure you are just being modest. However, this is exactly the reason for my anxiety.

2 Likes

Welcome everyone! Trust me, you’re probably gonna have the BEST time out of anyone if you’re the least proficient, because you’ll learn so much groundbreaking stuff. It’s a great kick-starter to throw you into the bluegrass world.

6 Likes

But that’s why we go…to learn!

4 Likes

We’ll this is frustrating. I had forgotten I previously created an account and then I signed up a second time. Apparently my phone remembered my previous login and signed in under the old account. Jp4fun and 10SE_Dave are one in the same. Hope that doesn’t cause too much confusion.:man_shrugging:

8 Likes

I thought the clone was the flying farmer from Connecticut. :wink:

3 Likes

Soon as I deposit the funds I’ll be pulling the trigger on one of the fiddle spots. Already got a dog sitter & days off lined up. I really wanted to plan a road trip after golf season this year and this fits the bill perfectly!

Haven’t decided on lodging yet. Not sure if I want to pull the camper down from MI or do the inside a motel thing. Leaning toward camping…

I’m stoked that Justin Branum will be teaching…he’s an awesome instructor & very nice guy!

5 Likes

@Fiddle_wood
That’s awesome!
If you can get in to the Seven Points Campground (a beautiful & rustic corps of Engineers Campground) definitely do camping! We loved it there last October. Even had deer in our site. Plus it is literally less than 5 mins away (like a mile and a half) from Ben’s house.

4 Likes

I’ll check it out! Thanks!

3 Likes

It’ll be great to meet and jam with you, Dave!

4 Likes

booked solid…

1 Like

BEST NEWS EVER!!!

5 Likes

@Fiddle_wood
Sorry to hear it, that’s truly a bummer.
1st time we did cabin camp, we camped @ nashville east Koa in Lebanon (1/2 hr away), but I prob wouldn’t go back there. 2nd choice place if couldn’t get into 7 points would be Nashville shores which is about 4 miles/10 mins away. It’s not rustic, but it is on the lake & does have more sites. Hope this is helpful… ??! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I’ll probably end up at the KOA…Just need a place to put the camper.

I’m looking forward to meeting everyone in person.

3 Likes

All set! All paid for. coming in sometime Wed eve and heading home when i have the energy…haha

Now to figure out driving to miss rush hours in the big cities…

6 Likes