Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Suggestion for new tune

Hey Ben, any chance of RAGTIME ANNIE in the near future??? Having a hard time finding a good version of this tune and it’s a great flatpicking song. :mrgreen:

I’ve got a couple of interesting tef files for Ragtime Annie, Jerry. Admittedly, they’re not as nice as full lessons from Ben, but you’re welcome to them if you want them.

Hey larry thank you for the offer, course now I need to show my complete non savvy when it comes to this stuff, what is a TEF :bulb: file? I just got to typing on this thing a while back and get lost real easy here so you need to help me out. i admit I am a real dummy on computer stuff…Jerry

tef is the file format that plays with Tabledit. It’s the same as what Ben uses for his lessons.

— Begin quote from "Jerry M"

Hey larry thank you for the offer, course now I need to show my complete non savvy when it comes to this stuff, what is a TEF :bulb: file? I just got to typing on this thing a while back and get lost real easy here so you need to help me out. i admit I am a real dummy on computer stuff…Jerry

— End quote

You’re not alone Jerry. I don’t know what a tef file is either & when I see one posted & click on it, my computer won’t let me download. (Time to update maybe? :blush: )

So what’s Tabledit? I thought that was when you have good manners at supper.

The folks on this forum are very helpful & willing to share & I thank you all for that. I’ve learned alot just by reading other people’s posts & conversations because it seems like sooner or later a question that I had will get asked.

J.W.

Seriously, I really don’t know what tabledit is.

I made a new section in accessories on Tabledit basics that will hopefully be enough to walk one through obtaining Tabledit. here’s the thread:
https://banjoebenclark.com/forum/t/tabledit-viewer-basics/584/1

:mrgreen: Thanks Larry, thanks Mike, got a whole education out of this request. Nice of you guys to take the time and it is appreciated. I have the download site now and it explains everything very clearly. And your right on JW this is a great site, not huge like some of the others but the best, Ben and everyone on here is tops in my book…Jerry

I use Tabledit so much I just assume everyone else does, too. It really is a great tool for learning, but if you would prefer, I can export my Ragtime Annie files to a pdf file for you, Jerry. Let me know if that would work better for you.

That would be great!! Still reading the site and seeing what I need to download and get it going. Jerry

Larry, I got it, all came thru great, and have the audio in my iTunes . Thanks again so much for taking time to do this for me I am most appreciative. This is exactly what I was looking for. I have the link Mike sent for the tab site and I am going to download it today and hopefully become a little more educated as to how to use it. I am not much on computer stuff for sure, and I always hate to take the time from practice to do it but I will, looks like a valuable tool. Once again thanks and have a great day, and thanks for sending the link Mike. :mrgreen: Jerry

Well, I don’t have much knowledge to share, but I’ve managed to collect a substantial library of learning materials over the years. Glad you could make use of it, Jerry.

You’re not alone Jerry. I don’t know what a tef file is either & when I see one posted & click on it, my computer won’t let me download. (Time to update maybe? :blush: )

It could be you do not have the tef program on the hard drive and it will not down load because there is nothing to couple with . so you need to go to the tabledit web site and down load their program if you buy it it is 59 bucks but they have free one that will get you through all the lessons .

tabledit.com/ you might try this link it might work

[attachment=0]lw_decisionatgladysfork.tef[/attachment] Here is one that has some nice chops and is not hard to learn. Beaumont rag has been posted on Ben’s site and it is a hoot to learn and has the cross picking element also. This is a very popular tune for back yard players and any one who wants to learn a new one with some interesting licks .

YAaaaaaaaaaa!!! Where’ back to flatpickin!! :laughing: :laughing: :mrgreen: :nerd: I was so glad to finally see a new tune with the old flat pick and I am all over it :unamused: Love it…Jerry That’s what we come here for y’all :mrgreen:

I take it then that you are happy about Ben posting Beaumont rag just maybe you also like the Decision at Gladys fork> I know I like that one but the Rag has so much to it it covers about all aspects of flat picking from cross picking to pull offs and hammer ons to slides .

Welder yes I do like that tune as well, I have heard it but can’t download to my computer and get it to open the file. This computer stuff is to much for me, I don’t have enough time to learn all this and practice too. Just using this site and emails are about as involved as I get…old dog and all. Maybe someday if I feel I can find the time, always seems I am wasting time on this thing rather than practicing which I gain much more from…Jerry :mrgreen: