Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

String sale wow

musiciansfriend.com/accessor … rc=3TEMORD

2 bucks free shipping I got 5 sets . they are custom light but they have the clear coat and it is worth 2 bucks in any ones money

Correction they are the SP not clear coat. sorry for that

— Begin quote from "welder4"

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/martin-fx130-silk-and-phosphor-acoustic-guitar-strings?src=3TEMORD

2 bucks free shipping I got 5 sets . they are custom light but they have the clear coat and it is worth 2 bucks in any ones money

— End quote

Great find Welder!

I probably won’t use these strings on my own guitars, but I will use them on guitars that I repair that need an easy playing, low tension string.

If they only lasted two weeks it would still be a good buy. I was thinking of my daughters “Big Baby Taylor” and I may try them for finger style on my Martin.

If they only lasted two weeks it would still be a good buy.

— End quote

I agree. I bought 10 sets having never played them before. I used to use Martin SP strings exclusively before turning to Elixir Nano 80/20s and know that they last a good long time. I also know that I regularly encounter guitar repairs/setups that require a lower tension string and these will fit the bill nicely.

Then the post was helpful and that is what I want to be , helpful.

Then the post was helpful and that is what I want to be , helpful.

— End quote

It is funny that you would say this; this phrase has been my goal throughout my life. This is the main reason that I became a teacher. This is the reason that my friends call me when they need something done (electrical, carpentry, plumbing… you name it).

When I teach privately, at the end of each lesson I always ask the student if they have any questions. Most of the time they respond that they understand everything they are to work on. Then I’ll ask if they have any questions about anything. Some years ago, a student replied, “What is the meaning of life?”.

I thought for a moment and replied, “You have only two things you need to do in this life. The first thing is to be happy, whatever that means to you. The second thing is to be a positive force for good with everyone you encounter.” For me, that means being helpful in whatever way each person needs.

Your posts are always helpful, and interesting and show great curiosity (a trait that will always keep you young). Thanks again for the post on the strings; I can’t wait to check them out.

Correction the strings are not coated , that being said I tried them out on my daughters Big Baby Taylor and they work real nice . it is easy to note and she needs that even now that she has been at it a few months . When the Monels wear out I will try a set on the Martin. It really sounds good on the Big Baby .

I tried a set on an old Yamaha red label acoustic and they sounded quite nice. The guitar could use a neck set soon, however the flexible strings made it more playable immediately.