Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Silent Night - another beginner version in G

I am doing guitar group lessons for Christmas Carols. We cover three “levels” of a carol each week (easy, a wee bit more to it, and just a little picante). I wanted to do a fingerstyle version of Silent Night (for the more picante minded folks), but I didn’t want to rip off any other arrangements. I think I made this arrangement up years ago, but if I didn’t, my apologies to whoever I may have ripped off (besides Gruber and Mohr who wrote the song originally… I am pretty sure I’d get their blessing). Anyway, I figured since I tabbed it for the class, I’d throw it out here for any who might want it. It is intended to be a beginner level arrangement.

Silent Night.pdf (13.6 KB)
Silent Night.tef (2.8 KB)

I will probably make a super-easy version in case it is needed. If anyone wants that, let me know.

6 Likes

Sounds beautiful, got to to be more than beginner level. Great job compiling this version!

Best for chorus singing!!

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback John. I hadn’t gotten around to making a watered down version. I’ll try to do that before class tomorrow and I’ll post it here if I do.

1 Like

Mike, I’m not looking for watered down version though, maybe it will help some others, but this is great, and I love it! :slight_smile:

Thanks John, it just reminded me that I meant to do that before class. I have some folks that have been playing only a few weeks. Here is the simpler version :
Silent Night Simple.tef (2.5 KB)
Silent Night Simple.pdf (13.0 KB)

1 Like