Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Roanoke - contest arrangement

Best of luck! I hope you win.

5 Likes

Sounds great. Go to the contest with confidence!

5 Likes

Wow that is just great. The way you did that that chord section was not what i expected but boy howdy it sure sounded awesome. I don’t think i could find anything to critique so just play it in the contest as good as you did here and your golden! Good luck at Galax!

7 Likes

I appreciate that @Shaky_loves_banjo! I’m sure the challenge will be playing it onstage exactly like I can play it at home. :laughing:

5 Likes

Isn’t that how it always is? I don’t really play better on stage but i will say i enjoy playing on stage. The biggest problem for me is not playing good, but my hands getting sweaty :grimacing: A sure sign of nervousness.

6 Likes

@Shaky_loves_banjo
Sweaty hands… yup that’s me too!

3 Likes

Well Libby you did a great job but not sorry to say i like Jakes version better :joy:

Naturally

3 Likes

Haha. Comparing me to Jake is like comparing someone who doesn’t know their open strings to Tommy Emmanuel. That’s the most insane video ever; believe me I’ve watched that one a time or two! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Errrrr are you implying that Jake is that much better than Tommy? Not trying to start any controversy or anything :zipper_mouth_face: :no_mouth: I love them both for the record.

And yes, I know it’s a joke. :joy::joy:

3 Likes

No controversy but yes he is, he’s the best player alive no comparisons anywhere.

2 Likes

Have you seen or heard Jake’s new guitar from Quebec Canada? I think he is breaking it in and hasn’t done a video with it yet. Can’t wait for the reveal. Any insider intel?

2 Likes

The last few lessons I’ve had with him, he’s been playing it. Sounds good but I think a cardboard guitar would sound better than me with mine with him. Someone recently posted a video of him playing it, I’ll see if I can find the link

2 Likes

Jake or Tommy is the best player alive?

Jake.

3 Likes

On a philisophical note, what quantifies a “best” player at this level anyway?

At this level, it’s not so much quantification and metrics… :slight_smile: It is a bit like what is the best color?

I’ll throw Lil Wayne and moss green into the mix for discussion.

1 Like

Jake is pretty amazing and well rounded.

3 Likes

I think i would agree for sure on a flatpick level but Tommy is amazing at so many different styles it’s almost hard to know sometimes.

3 Likes

Hey, why compare when you can have both?

6 Likes

ya there we go

3 Likes