Providence: God Works All Things Together for His Glory & the Good of His People

This is essentially part 2 to my sermon What is God?

Let me know if you have any reaction/feedback/cursing/etc.

What is God?

I was feeling affliction and tension from staring at that tie for 38 minutes…:necktie::wink: very thought provoking message. Thanks for sharing it.

No depravity that can change God’s mind. That’s reassuring. Many now prefer the axiom If saved, always saved.

Thanks for taking on the tough stuff. More to come, but it’s late and I’ll get incoherent.

One of the most common objections to Christianity is, “If God is such a loving God, why does he allow suffering”? In your teaching, I believe I heard this issue addressed without it being asked directly.

From what I gathered, your answer is, “We don’t know and we’re not supposed to know”, at least not yet.

I can live with this, when it is paired with Romans 8:28. (Good point about “All things work together, {not all things work out}, for those who love the Lord.”

This especially hits home when I think about losing our daughter in 2009. For years, all I could ask over and over was why? (I still ask this occasionally). And at times, I would still really like a more definitive personal answer about how losing her did, or is going to, work together for good. (In reference again to Romans 8:28).

So, to repeat, I can live with the “why we suffer” question, though I wish I we given more insight.

And, I’ll add one more Bible verse to maybe add some substance. 1 Corinthians 13:12 amplified - For now [in this time of imperfection] we see in a mirror dimly [a blurred reflection, a riddle, an enigma], but then [when the time of perfection comes we will see reality] face to face. Now I know in part [just in fragments], but then I will know fully, just as I have been fully known [by God].

When I meet the Lord, and am reunited with my daughter, my questons may be of no concern at all. PTL!

Ben, that was difficult stuff you taught on, and there are probably many pastors who would prefer to preach on the warm, fuzzy stuff. So thank you. For reasons quite clear, it touched me personally.

Jack

Teaser Alert: Job 38 is a great reference for this also. It’s almost like God gave Job the smackdown, so he would get it through his thick head. That’s a whole new subject, but there is some subject matter related to the Constellations Orion and Pleiades there that will blow your mind.

Jack, thank you so much for this feedback! I’m so, so sorry to hear about your loss. I’m so thankful that we have a good God who can be trusted. One day when he shows us, I think we’ll see that the way he brought everything to pass could not have been done any better.

Yes, there are so many passages I could have and wanted to go to, but I didn’t have the time. Perhaps one day!

Agreed. :+1: