Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Prayer Request - lost job

To all fellow @BanjoBen Forum members,

Many of you know I was displaced from my job of 18 years with a big International Auto Supplier back in January of this year.

In February… I got a new job with a small company here in Michigan.

Alas, there seems to be a down turn in new jobs related to the conveyor business now… so I and 15 others were displaced in a “workforce reduction”.

I humbly ask for prayers of support and success for me and my family as I begin my impending job search.

God Bless.

2 Likes

@anon8000755,I am sorry to hear that. ill keep you in my thoughts and prayers brother, I know the feeling of job loss, my first job was 19 1/2 yrs before the airline business took a crash thanx to 9-1-1(well thankx to the hijackers). Worked for a satellite company for 12 1/2 before dissolving my position. 3 yrs automotive business and now start my new job with IKEA in Dec. I know how tough it is, especially if you have a family to support. Hang in there, God ALWAYS has a plan, just have to trust HIM. Things will turn around.

1 Like

Tye, thank you so much. God will provide. I wish you well at IKEA and your new opportunity.

1 Like

So sorry to hear that bud. That’s a tough thing to deal with and can be scary. Often times though, a better opportunity is in the making.

Hang in there brother and I’ll be praying that opportunity shows its face soon.

1 Like

So sorry to hear @anon8000755. I don’t know what to say that doesn’t sound like a cliche or a motivational poster. I’m sending you my best wishes for a short and successful job hunt.

Maybe one motivational thought… When an employer tells you that can’t do what you’ve been doing anymore, it is a great opportunity to go after whatever it is you want to be doing. I know that is easier to say than to do when you are trying to keep the financial wheels on track. But I hope this can be your Chapter 2… or 3… or 4.

Stay strong and keep the faith.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the comments @Maggie!

Thanks Chris! I am so happy the @BanjoBen allows Spiritual Support.

I’m really sorry to hear that. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to hear that, I’m praying you’ll find a better paying more reliable job that you’ll love to do :pray:

Prayed for you this morning Will! Hang in there, hard work pays off. I pray you will find something real good soon.

1 Like

Brandon/All,

Thank you so much. I AFFIRM that God will guide me to find a job - delivered on the wings of your many prayers. In Jesus’ name…

1 Like

Amen !

@WillCoop As one door closes another door of opportunity open’s. I’ve lost count of the number of job’s I’ve had in my lifetime Will. Some were great some less so. I feel sure a new opportunity is just around the corner and my thoughts and prayers are that you will find that door soon. God Bless you.

1 Like

I am praying and putting you on my prayer list Will. I like the encouragement of the “next chapter” and other similar encouragements above. I can attest that in my life, some of the most daunting things have in time ended up being blessings. However, they sure didn’t look like blessings when I was going through them… I know it is difficult. Hang in there. God has a plan, and it is better than anything I could compose for you.

“…weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.” - Psalm 30:5

1 Like

Thank you @Archie. With the support of all these fine people, I know things will turn out well.

As you, me and so many others have said so many times, this community is so much more than just a collection of students. As we walk together through this journey, we celebrate the successes of playing advances and new instrument purchases while shouldering the burdens with those who struggle.

I am not sad this morning. I am thankful… for all of you.

Once more, a special thanks to @BanjoBen for providing a place where prayer request are not only “tolerated” but supported and encouraged.

There is power in the prayers of many…

1 Like

Hey @anon8000755, I’m an atheist so I can’t offer you any prayers. But having quit (or being sacked from) jobs quite frequently in my life, I can just say this : the problem is not so much losing a job… The problem - for some people - is that it affects their view on life, dragging them into a negative state of mind.
Maintain a positive state of mind, and potential employers will appreciate that, improving your chances to get a new job substantially !
How to maintain a positive state of mind, is of course a very personal, subjective matter. I did it by believing in the motto that @Archie brought up : “As one door closes another door of opportunity opens”, but if you find it in prayers, hey who am I to deny the positive power of that ?
Cheer up, buddy, your next job will be a-ma-zing !

3 Likes

Thank you @Erwin1 ! I am positive that moving on will be an adventure and well… is the “ way” it is supposed to be.

In light of the topic, I appreciate your candor and message… when others may hav been tempted to sit back and say nothing… you chose a path to share your own support.

Hey @anon8000755, I see you are over 50, right ? I’m now almost 62, and I was hired in my (hopefully) last job 5 years ago, so when I was 57 ! And it’s the best job I ever had ! Keep your pride, and your energy, and people will love to hire you.
As far as religion is concerned : christian, muslim, buddhist or atheist, we are all HUMAN in the first place, aren’t we ?

1 Like

Indeed, we are Sir!

Sorry to hear of this news. You and your family are in our prayers. I’m hoping there’s a great opportunity for you just around the corner!

1 Like