Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Prayer and thoughts request

To every thing there is a season

This verse is from the book of Ecclesiastes in The King James version of the Bible.

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

I hope you can draw comfort from these words @WillCoop

My Thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.

10 Likes

Btw, bible discussions we do privately so as to not annoy people who are not comfortable with differing viewpoints

I wouldn’t say that. We have many Christian discussions here on the forum right out in the open, which is just another reason why Ben’s site is so fantastic. He speaks what he believes and we’re all encouraged to as well. No one who disagrees is ever made to feel left out, but spiritual conversations are often a part of this forum which I appreciate. I fully support Will’s public request for prayer.

The private discussions (which we all stopped months ago, to my knowledge; at least I left the “Bible” one so maybe I don’t know :joy:) were to discuss some specific hot-button topics like conspiracies that we didn’t want to offend others with.

15 Likes

I studied Ecclesiastes this last summer @Archie!

To avoid too much “Bible talk” here, I will only comment… at first read, what seems quite a defeatist and downcast message turns out to be the exact opposite through thought and contemplation. The study was life-changing. Your thoughtful quote is essentially behind my ability to quietly accept rather than to fight, doubt, rage and wail in sorrow and despair at what I cannot change.

The wisdom in these verses is a healing blessing and profound kindness :pray: so thank you.

4 Likes

Forum Folks,

It is beautifully ironic that this difficult and sad subject has resulted in my earning the “Nice Topic” badge a few moments ago… genuinely a positive outcome from the caring of this fine community.

I am proud to be a member of this Forum and to the many wonderful people here… to share this with y’all… for without your likes, it couldn’t have happened. Amazing how what normally seems like little things become increasingly significant in times of sorrow.

My gratitude is in knowing that this is part of what sets this community apart… to higher levels of good people caring and sharing with others… be it a musical post, a word of talent praise or encouragement, a musical tip or technique… or an answer to a prayer request.

It is awesome to have all of you here… especially as I have not been active here in a long while… but still, y’all are still here.

We learn music here by a common, inspirational and dare I say faithful teacher (read into that statement what you wish😉)… but we respectfully share that bond into our lives in the songs and music we play… TOGETHER

Music is an art form like no other, isn’t it?

I don’t want to seem melodramatic about this. On the contrary, the grateful sentiments are genuine. Truly, the forum binds us into something greater than detached students.

Feels appreciate to grab my Mandolin and let Amazing Grace flow from its’ strings!

13 Likes

Will, you’re in my prayers for the loss of your Mom and also your job.

4 Likes

Thanks so much @blkelk31051 - and eneryone! :disappointed_relieved:

Today is a new day… and I will rejoice and be glad in that! :pray:

6 Likes

Prayers inbound Will

4 Likes

So appreciated @Simone :pray:

3 Likes

So sorry to hear of your losses. you are in our prayers.

5 Likes

Incredible music heals the soul! Thank you so much! :pray:

3 Likes

@Flatpickin_Libby, it is hard to explain in one post. You should jump into the private thread to understand whether bible discussion is a hot-button topic or not, to be discussed in here. When I said today’s churches are either lost or fake in another post, I meant it. Which means, I’ll be contradicting almost every single today’s Christians biblical view with the truth. I know this is going evoke curiosity and it already has. If you (or anyone) reply to this thread Private Bible Discussion - General chit chat - Forum - Banjo Ben Clark or PM me, I can add you into the private discussion. As you may know, truth is offensive! Jesus said in Matthew 11:6, 6 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me. There is also a blessing that comes with it to totally ignore. We can have a dedicated thread like spiral discussion if you all could convince Ben for such discussions. But then I’m also reminded of a card trick magician, “once you know, you cannot unknow!” It should be voluntary. As I’ll be openly calling out the today’s Christianity bluff! Am I making sense? :slight_smile:

I responded to @WillCoop just to make him more comfortable that I will not be a one to turn his post into a bible discussion and that he can freely discuss whatever he wanted to about his personal situation.

Thanks but I’ve chosen to stay out of that one. I have my convictions on false religion and the institutionalized church system too, but it doesn’t mean I’m going around calling everybody around me a fake. Many sincere, saved people are just on less experienced levels of maturity and knowledge in the Lord. Personally I would rather BE Christianity than go around judging it.

8 Likes

Talking of sincerity, have you heard this saying - “The road to hell is paved with good intentions!” I’ll stop with that to not sidetrack. :slight_smile:

I’m tempted to add one more… Is church standard high or world standard high? I’m sure you would say church. When quack doctor/medicine/hospitals are not allowed, can fake preachers/teachers/churches be allowed? Btw I’m not going around and calling everyone fake, but people who eavesdrop on me are doing that and calling out the bluff from what they learn from me.

@WillCoop You and your family are in my prayers for sure! Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

8 Likes

Will, my family and I will definitely pray for you. So sorry for your recent struggles as I lost my father now two years ago, but two weeks before I retired and moved back home. Enjoy the memories of the years you had and know our community is thinking about you!
Best of prayers and wishes on your employment also.

7 Likes

Thank your @bobskart. So appreciated! @Michael_Mark also! :pray:

1 Like

Forum, Thanks for all the support and prayers!

I received 2 job proposals at the end of last week. I selected one and started this week!

I appreciate y’all! :pray:

God Bless.

14 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Great to hear! :+1: “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28

6 Likes

Condolences and congrats Will. “Can’t keep a good man down”.

1 Like