Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Prayer and thoughts request

Forum:

Please pray (or keep me in your thoughts if not the prayin’ type) for me as:

1. I lost my job 2 weeks ago - which happened due to sudden plant closures announcement and company downsizing.
  2. While expected, I lost my Mother last Monday. She was to turn 90 on Thanksgiving Day but left us 3 days before.

I checked with Ben before posting as I was unsure That this was appropriate… although those who know me know I am a believer… and know that I will be delivered out of this difficult season!

God bless y’all.

22 Likes

Not a sparrow falls to the ground without His knowledge. How much more valuable are you?

You are loved. He will provide.

Praying for you Will.

8 Likes

I’ll be praying for you @WillCoop!

8 Likes

Sorry for your loss Will. Just takes a little time to heal, although may not seem that way now. I lost my wife to illness not long ago, so it took me awhile to get past my grief but am doing well now. I played and sang this song at her funeral. That helped to set me on a path of healing.

(1) Kiefer Sutherland | Down In A Hole | Truth In Your Eyes | - YouTube

Also sorry to hear about the loss of your job. I hope that leads you to a new opportunity.

8 Likes

@WillCoop
I’m sorry for these stressful events hitting you at the same time.

The Lord is near the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Psalms 34:18

I pray that the Lord will help you and your family to feel his presence and that you will be comforted during these days. And I pray that your job situation will change as soon as possible.

Tempted and tried we’re oft made to wonder why it should be thus all the day long
While there are others living about us, never molested, though in the wrong
When death has come and taken our loved ones, it leaves our home so lonely and dreary
Then do we wonder why others prosper living so wicked year after year
Farther along we’ll know all about it; farther along we’ll understand why
Cheer up, my brother; live in the sunshine, we’ll understand it all by and by
Faithful till death said our loving master; a few more days to labor and wait
Toils of the road will then seem as nothing as we sweep through the beautiful gates
Farther along we’ll know all about it…
Yes, we’ll understand it all by and by

9 Likes

I’m so sorry and I’m praying for you, Will!

“I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.” Psalm 37:25

“But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.” 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14

(No this isn’t bluegrass but it’s one of my favorite, most-listened to recordings ever. Hope it blesses you!)
9 Likes

I trust that the job loss will be an opening to a better opportunity. Even so, I know it is difficult so I join the others in praying for your comfort, peace, hope and confidence in that arena.

So sorry for the loss of your Mom. I was at a concert last night (For King and Country) and they did a song about their Mom. !0 years since I lost mine and I still cried during that song. In an odd way, it is comforting. My love for Mom is kind of proven in that I am still so easily moved thinking about her.

I am praying for you and your family in this rough season. I pray that you will be able to know and feel the goodness of God, especially now in this time of need. I pray for you a fresh spirit of wisdom and revelation so that in this season, you may know the Father and His plans, hope and love for you in new ways.

8 Likes

Thank you for sharing about your own longing for your mom @Mike_R!

What a touching tribute to your love for her! :pray:

6 Likes

@WillCoop, it is always difficult to lose a loved one. I pray God gives you strength to bear this bereavement.
As for job, you know the drill - delight in the Lord, and he shall give the desires of your heart. That’s what I do, as I have also lost my project assignment just a week ago. (But my case is different, and God will address the issue!)

Btw, bible discussions we do privately so as to not annoy people who are not comfortable with differing viewpoints. This will not lead to a religious discussion.

2 Likes

Will keep you in prayer @WillCoop! :blue_heart:

Isaiah 26:3 - Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee : because he trusteth in thee.

6 Likes

Never my intention to offend anyone - but yes, not posted to generate Biblical dialog or discourse.

Thank you to all for understanding, empathy and sympathies too! :pray:

3 Likes

To every thing there is a season

This verse is from the book of Ecclesiastes in The King James version of the Bible.

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

I hope you can draw comfort from these words @WillCoop

My Thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.

10 Likes

Btw, bible discussions we do privately so as to not annoy people who are not comfortable with differing viewpoints

I wouldn’t say that. We have many Christian discussions here on the forum right out in the open, which is just another reason why Ben’s site is so fantastic. He speaks what he believes and we’re all encouraged to as well. No one who disagrees is ever made to feel left out, but spiritual conversations are often a part of this forum which I appreciate. I fully support Will’s public request for prayer.

The private discussions (which we all stopped months ago, to my knowledge; at least I left the “Bible” one so maybe I don’t know :joy:) were to discuss some specific hot-button topics like conspiracies that we didn’t want to offend others with.

15 Likes

I studied Ecclesiastes this last summer @Archie!

To avoid too much “Bible talk” here, I will only comment… at first read, what seems quite a defeatist and downcast message turns out to be the exact opposite through thought and contemplation. The study was life-changing. Your thoughtful quote is essentially behind my ability to quietly accept rather than to fight, doubt, rage and wail in sorrow and despair at what I cannot change.

The wisdom in these verses is a healing blessing and profound kindness :pray: so thank you.

4 Likes

Forum Folks,

It is beautifully ironic that this difficult and sad subject has resulted in my earning the “Nice Topic” badge a few moments ago… genuinely a positive outcome from the caring of this fine community.

I am proud to be a member of this Forum and to the many wonderful people here… to share this with y’all… for without your likes, it couldn’t have happened. Amazing how what normally seems like little things become increasingly significant in times of sorrow.

My gratitude is in knowing that this is part of what sets this community apart… to higher levels of good people caring and sharing with others… be it a musical post, a word of talent praise or encouragement, a musical tip or technique… or an answer to a prayer request.

It is awesome to have all of you here… especially as I have not been active here in a long while… but still, y’all are still here.

We learn music here by a common, inspirational and dare I say faithful teacher (read into that statement what you wish😉)… but we respectfully share that bond into our lives in the songs and music we play… TOGETHER

Music is an art form like no other, isn’t it?

I don’t want to seem melodramatic about this. On the contrary, the grateful sentiments are genuine. Truly, the forum binds us into something greater than detached students.

Feels appreciate to grab my Mandolin and let Amazing Grace flow from its’ strings!

13 Likes

Will, you’re in my prayers for the loss of your Mom and also your job.

4 Likes

Thanks so much @blkelk31051 - and eneryone! :disappointed_relieved:

Today is a new day… and I will rejoice and be glad in that! :pray:

6 Likes

Prayers inbound Will

4 Likes

So appreciated @Simone :pray:

3 Likes

So sorry to hear of your losses. you are in our prayers.

5 Likes