Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Pick Grip

I have a whole stack of picks I have modified in one way or the other I tend to like the dunlop with the extra grip . you mentioned making a pick and naming some instruments that measure things and you are on the right track there, people tend to buy about anything if it is marketed right . or wrong as in illegal LOL . any way I have about settled on this one and you get 12 for about $ 4.00. I may when my rich uncle gets out of the poor house buy an exotic pick. I still have the material to make wooden picks with the super hard wood I got at WoodCraft. Lignum vitae they call it and it is a heavy wood it wood make a very good billy club except if you hit someone with it it would kill them ,. it is that hard . yep you could call it something like “Intoxicating pick company” and sell a blue million . the real reason I did not make a bunch of them is the wooden picks tend to mute the sound to much. I made one and was very disappointed.

I have a pickin’ buddy who has a really high deck out over the Suwannee, and before I switched to the dollar picks I’m using now, I lost 3 different Wegen’s through the cracks in the deck on three different nights. If I had been using a Blue Chip, I would have been crying.