Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Pathway of Teardrops

Stumbled across this today. Just in case someone hasn’t seen it.
Almost makes me cry. Would love to see this song tabbed out (hint hint).

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzXA9pCYXBk&feature=related[/video]

(edit for embedding)

I hadn’t seen that one, thanks. Aren’t they amazing, even without Ben!
I’'m going to try to figure those chords out, fun song!
jim

Intro seems simple enough.

Hey, thanks Impresario.
That will get me motivated to get started on it.
jim

Ok, so here is what I have so far, please feel free to add/edit.

Pathway of Teardrops

E                G#               A                   F#              E                  B7               E     B7

The pathway of teardrops will show you the way, if you ever want to come back to me

E                     G#    A                      F#                   E                        B7            E   E7

You know, dear, that I cry both night and day, since you told me you could never be true

A A E E F# F# B7
I love you so, still I let you go, now I’m sending this message to you

E                 G#                  A                F#             E                   B7                 E     B7

The pathway of teardrops will show you the way, if you ever want to come back to me

A A E E F# F# B7

E                   G#               A                                F#                E                       B7                    E     B7

Solo
If you ever want to come back to me

Sorry, the formatting was lost :cry:
jim

Nice! This is what I got with help from yours. I didn’t tab out the full solo cause’ it’s mostly the intro.
also this does not represent time whatsoever. Use you ears. Sorry for the hack job on the Tab. Everything is in 3/4 time.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?8o0wja2db94if8o

The B chord after the solo she adds the G note on the D string last measure.

–7--7
–6--6
–4--5
–4--4

Great, I hope to have time this weekend to play it.
jim

This song has been stuck in my head on and off since I heard it after it was posted here. Ben’s sisters have such great harmony vocals. Thanks for posting it.

My wife, Robin, and I have been learning it since it was posted here. Your right, it is a great song! I love Penny’s and Katy’s vocals. Their friend, Bonnie, is a great addition, what a firecracker! I bet they really have fun together, I hope they post more from their Colorado visit.
jim

That’s awesome Jim. Are you all singing harmony on it?

I’m trying to, Mike. Robin is a wonderful singer and a good teacher. I have a tendency to drift from harmony to melody and she is able to compensate for that.
After years of playing in bands it’s so nice to play with someone with such strong vocals. She even makes me sound good, which is hard to do!
jim

I have played along with this song sooo many times my wife decided to use headphones to watch TV.
She’s not really into great music anyways. :laughing:

— Begin quote from "impresario"

I have played along with this song sooo many times my wife decided to use headphones to watch TV.
She’s not really into great music anyways. :laughing:

— End quote

I bet it’s really stuck in your head now. That’s the way it is with me when I’m learning a new song, it just plays over and over in my head, probably even when I’m asleep!

Hi guys, i’d love to play/sing this song also, (guitar) but i’m not familiar with this key :blush: can anyone point me in the right direction.

Ron

Hi Ron,
If you look at Jim’s post (it’s about the 5th post) he gives the lyrics with a suggested chord progression above it. Thanks Jim! It’s in E.
I just played through it. I have a couple things to throw in as suggestions. Should the F# in the verse be minor? On the chorus, you have A, then A. I think the second A is minor (changing on “so” of “I love you so”). That is followed by an E. Then I am hearing something like a C#7 (on “go”). You can play a C# like a B7 slid up two frets, the open B works here too because it’s the 7. Not sure about that one, but I think it’s in the ballpark.
Jim, thanks again for posting it!

Ok, so after another look, and thanks to impresario, mreisz, and my wife, Robin, here is what I have now.

Intro: E - G# - A - F#m - E - B7 - E - B7

E                   G#                     A                      F#m                E                       B7                    E     B7

E                            G#    A                         F#m                      E                               B7            E   E7

You know, dear, that I cry both night and day, since you told me you could never be true

A A E E F# F# B7

E                   G#                     A                      F#m                E                       B7                    E     B7

Solo: E - G# - A - F#m - E - B7 - E - E7

A Am E C#m F# F# B7 ?

E                   G#                     A                      F#m              E                       B7                    E     

E                    B7               

If you ever want to come back to me