Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Original Tune

Groovy… Invite received. Thanks!

Oh no! Looks like the project is losing it’s momentum. :astonished:

It’s been a hectic few weeks for me. Our band had a couple of gigs so was focused on those. Then there were a couple of Super Bowl parties. And Snow. More snow. And still more snow. t’s snowing as I type. I have a snow blower but my driveway is about 250 feet long so it’s still work. And then the walks and stuff I have to shovel. I won’t let this die. I think I need to get a decent vocal track to build around to get it started. I think I’m going to dump the small pseudo bridge and play the 3rd verse straight, and take the tempo down to 150.

Maybe you should pop that picture of the Cat curled up in a mandolin case up while you wait. :wink:

n/m

Okay so I have a scratch track that has the temp (150), key (D), and structure of the tune (dumped the pseudo bridge). This is a primitively mixed MP3 (first time I’ve ever used the 4 track feature on my old Zoom H4):

dropbox.com/s/3icbp8qkqri9c2a/hj.mp3?dl=0

I don’t know what to do next, except start watching some of the Kompoz tutorials. The above are 3 separate tracks I can upload (once I figure out how), as either wav or mp3. The wavs are pretty big and not sure any are keepers. I’ll probably take one more crack at vocals, but the above includes about as good as I’m ever going to get it.

Edit: Gack. Half those tutorial links on Kompoz don’t work, including useful things like how to upload. I am NOT going to on one of my patented rants about Software Developers. I’ll save it for work tomorrow.

n/m

JIm, sounds good!

When you have time, If you could put each track separately into your dropbox we can separate them from the vocal track to make mixing down much easier.

If you can keep the count-in on each track it also helps line things up.

— Begin quote from "Jim_G"

No time for music, we’re still digging out!

dropbox.com/s/nv6dl61lee3ed … 1.JPG?dl=0

— End quote

Looks like in front of our home in 1952 I was a young lad and we all helped shovel snow I have an old picture of me standing on top of the pile .

Just sent a PM on Kompoz with links to 3 tracks. The vocal has to go again, too many p pops. Plus I’m hoping I can sneak a little more feeling into it. No hope for getting the pitch any closer than what I have there, but I thought that was close enough.

And Welder that’s alot for us, but apparently only the 3rd highest totals on record. But we still have 2-4 weeks more to the season. A few more inches coming in today, and maybe more over the weekend. Latest storm we ever had was in May, the leaves were already busting out so there were alot of trees down. But that was unusual. Next it starts melting. We get a warm rain we’re going to have some flooding problems.

Guitar & mando tracks are up on kompoz

Good deal fiddlewood! I look forward to listening. Do you still have your upright(s)? Were you going to do a bass track? If not, I have a pBass, but I think the uprights would be a better bet.

My apologies, but I won’t be able to get any mixing in prior to next week sometime, so if someone wants to make some mixes, have at it.

yes I can cut a track w/ the stand-up sometime in the next few days hopefully.

Cool. And maybe some fiddle or guitar or mando breaks? :raises Eye brow:

I had a passable vocal track, and I stupidly went into Audacity with it, noticed some stray noise along the way, so deleted it, not realizing I was destroying the timing with the other tracks. I tried again yesterday, and they all stunk, so I’m hoping to regroup tomorrow or Weds.

Did this thing die on the vine, or are things happening that I don’t see?

There are a couple of tracks on kompoz, and I just sent fiddle an email with a dropbox link to vocals (kompoz wouldn’t let me upload a wav).

But yeah, I think it’s dying a very slow death. Oh well, should’ve stuck with a bluegrass standard I guess.

Nah… it’s not dying. Other projects have gone through similar lulls. As for me, I’ve been keeping pretty busy. Usually someone cracks the whip and things get rolling again.
It’s a good tune. I look forward to hearing it come together!

Yeah, I believe we’ve had some projects that moved slower. I was just trying to jump start things with my comment.

Thanks for cracking the whip :smiley:

I don’t use drop box…it wanted me to sign up for something to access your link.

Maybe Mike can get it onto kompoz?

google Drive works for me…

any other ideas?

I didn’t get that email, but it doesn’t matter as I don’t have a paid Kompoz account, so I couldn’t upload a WAV. I think the options are for Jim to make it an mp3 or purchase an upgrade at Kompoz so he could upload it.

That’s crappy that they wanted you to sign up for something. The dropbox links used to be publicly accessible.