Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

OO7 Inside camp Sneak Peeks?

Incredible stuff! Glad you all had an awesome time. Safe travels!

8 Likes

Kenny Smith, Banjo Ben, and Jake?!? Man that is awesome!

8 Likes

It was definitely a great jam to be able to sit in on! Kenny’s picking is sooo clean, smooth, and articulate.

7 Likes

Realized today that somehow I missed posting this one, but here it is.

12 Likes

Thanks for sharing

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing

6 Likes

I can’t stop listening to this. So good.

9 Likes

Same. I decided today I’m ripping the audio out of these videos so I can listen to them driving around town.

8 Likes

I bet I’ve listened to Cotton Fields 20 times now at least… and I still laugh every time Ben digs on Katy during her banjo break. I’m sure it’s one of those “You had to be there” moments, so let me try set the stage for the folks who weren’t there.

Ben had just gone on a funny rant about how he comes up with banjo licks and Katy steals them all… and since Katy plays constantly and Ben doesn’t, she remembers more of them than he does. Katy even mentioned that Ben will play something she doesn’t know, she’ll ask him to play it again, he starts playing and then says “Wait! NO!” :laughing:

That story was told before they kicked off this song, so the entire audience was in on the joke.

11 Likes

In Cotton Fields The chickens running around in the bottom left corner were hilarious. It was like when the song started they were outa there! Then they came dashing back at the end! :joy:

6 Likes

Thanks for posting these! Loved watching them again and sharing with family!

5 Likes

Sorry to miss you, @Tommy. Next year!

6 Likes

If you listen to The Hand Holding Mine with Kenny Smith you can hear @BanjoBen giving out the prizes to the bands that lost haha.

8 Likes

Anybody get vid’s of the battle of the band’s??? That would be very good dinner entertainment!! I’ll bet there great. Please post if possible, Thank you in advance!!!:sunglasses:

7 Likes

I think the professional videographers filmed all of it, but I have videos of my band’s performance; I’ll have to share that here later.

5 Likes

Here are the videos of the songs that our band (The Wayfaring Blue Ridge Mountain Squirrel Bluegrass Band) did for the competition, complete with eefing at the end!

18 Likes

Is that you Michael? Cool, you have grown up!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Fantastic job Wayfaring Blueridge Mountain Squirrels :sunglasses:!

6 Likes

Awesome job, The Wayfaring Blue Ridge Mountain Squirrel Bluegrass Band!. Thanks for sharing what the real folk do, :).

6 Likes

Great performance! Thanks for sharing that, I really enjoyed.

6 Likes