Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

OK, here is my first submission

Be gentle…

28 Likes

Great job! Your timing was spot on. I’d suggest doing the 0-2 on the 4th string as a hammer-on rather than picking it twice in a row, but you’re off to a great start!

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback Michael. Actually, I have been practicing it that way. It get difficult to double pick as it speeds up, so the hammer on is a wonderful idea, thanks!!!

2 Likes

I’m no banjo player but sounds clean to me!

3 Likes

That’s a mighty fine first submission. Were you playing with a metronome? Your timing is impeccable.

I noticed the same thing Michael Mark did, so no additional recommendations from me. Great job!

4 Likes

Thanks, I give the credit to the Twanger!!! :wink:

No, no metronome. I am a simple man. If i concentrate on the metronome, I play poorly. Wait, there is no difference, I should start using it, lol.

4 Likes

I gotta thank Gunnar too, he helped me with the video uploading process. So, Thanks Gunnar!!!

3 Likes

Really nice! You look and sound fluid, relaxed and smooth.

3 Likes

Yes, really nice! And good timing!

3 Likes

good thing there was only 1 camera!!!

This was me just before I started to record…

patrick

4 Likes

I thought it was Excellent Daniel. Was that one of @BanjoBen 's Lessons ?

3 Likes

Very nice :+1:

2 Likes

Oh man, that was smooth. Great timing and tone, every note clear.

On next video, if we can see just another couple three inches up the neck to see your left hand that would be great.

5 Likes

Loved it!

2 Likes

Well, don’t feel too bad. I still have yet to do what you just did… :scream_cat:

3 Likes

Haven’t seen it Archie. Doubt it’s there. Was written in 1929, I’m pretty sure, so it will be copy writed for a long time yet.

4 Likes

Nope, it’s copyrighted.

3 Likes

Archie, I have a good .PDF if you would like.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, no. It is a version from William Nesbit.

3 Likes

I’ll try to capture that in the next one @MissMaggie . I’m still in the “learning” phase of videoing myself. That was with my phone.

4 Likes