Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

October 2020 Cabin Camp?

Woot woot, we gettin’ close, y’all!!! I’m SO excited! It simultaneously feels like forever since I had a camp, and just last week at the same time. Bottomline is I’m READY for y’all and can’t wait to have a weekend to remember! It’s getting a little cool in the air so we’re gonna have lots of fire…and fun. Who’s ready?!

14 Likes

I’m super excited for my first camp, can’t wait to meet everyone!

9 Likes

Very excited about attending my first camp, I’ve heard so many great things, really want to get better with my mandolin skills and learn all I can, looking forward to meeting everyone!

9 Likes

@BanjoBen is Nashville “open” these days? I’m driving and was planning on arriving on Wednesday to check things out if there are things open to visit, see, etc.? I’ve never really spent time in Nashville before.

5 Likes

I don’t know for sure, but considering our mayor is in the midst of a huge scandal because he hid positive data about the virus to keep downtown shut down, there’s a good chance it has opened back up a bit. The best thing to do is contact the individual sites you may want to see and ask what their plan is. Restaurants and bars are open at limited capacity.

7 Likes

That claim that the mayor hid positive data was actually retracted by the station that aired it. I’ve been keeping up with the numbers in Tennessee because of going to the October camp.

After this fact-checking article published on Friday, Nashville Fox 17 retracted its news story during a 9 p.m. newscast. “We don’t have evidence of a cover-up and apologize for the error,” an anchor read during the newscast.

4 Likes

Stoked for first cabin camp. Didn’t decide to do this until the very last minute. Just found the song list for what’s covered. Now to get some practicing in. Lots of it. Haha. Fingers don’t fail me now!!

7 Likes

We’re gonna have so much fun! Don’t worry about prepping too much, I’ll meet you where you’re at and we’ll go from there.

3 Likes

If anyone is staying at or near the Comfort Inn Suites and wants a ride to camp, let me know. I’m driving to camp so I’ll have my pickup with room for a camper and gear.

3 Likes

All the crew is here, the fire is burning, our fingers are getting loosened, and we’re ready to meet a bunch of immediate friends! See y’all soon!

11 Likes

It’s amazing how things happen, One day you’re looking online for a couple banjo tabs. Next thing you know you’re part of a huge family that throws the best parties ever!!

10 Likes

Ya’ll are soooo lucky :smile:

1 Like

I’m SO glad to see this!

I’m signed up for the one day camp in St Petersburg next March. I’ve always thought of my self as an ‘advanced beginner’, but after trying some of the stuff on your beginner guitar track, (Billy In The Low Ground, Temperance Reel) I’ve changed to ‘beginner beginner’…:slight_smile:

Looking forward to getting the song list for the one day camp and will do my best to be prepared!

See you in March!

3 Likes

October camp was like @mharrison43 said:

I was lucky to go to the 4th of July camp this year, even luckier to get to go to the next one just a few months later. I learned alot at the July camp, and learned even more at the Oct one! Though the general itinerary was basically the same, the experiences were vastly different. Both camps were excellent!! I took away boatloads of different musical things to mull over and work on. All skill levels were accommodated, teachers were superb, food was amazing, General Store was great, entertainment was fantastic! New friends were made, much fun was had! Even the weather cooperated - no rain! Ben, his family and crew are top notch!

These camps were the best musical & learning experiences I’ve ever had! Thank you!

9 Likes

Ben, to you and all your family, friends,
Your hospitality, sincerity, and generosity are overwhelming. This camp was all I hoped for and more. I cannot wait to sign up for another one ASAP! I was made to feel welcome from the time I rolled my truck window down to park the first day, to when I finally had to say goodbye on Saturday night. To my fellow campers, especially my bandmates Jim, Kyle, and David, thank you for your patience and support. To the camp staff, outstanding work, you are the best! Finally, to Ben, the experience you created at this camp, reminded me of a Bill Monroe quote, “Bluegrass has brought more people together and made more friends than any music in the world. You meet people at festivals and renew acquaintances year after year”. I think the Big Mon had to have you in mind when he said that. May God bless you and all your family, can’t wait to get back to Mt. Juliet!

8 Likes

Jeff! I did not get your contact info - but loved being in “the band” with you, Kyle & Jim. At least we can connect via this forum. Awesome job on the mando break by the way. Ditto on everything you said about the staff, volunteers, Ben, his wife, and daughters - especially Charlie who carried my gear from the truck. I’m looking forward to doing this again!

2 Likes

My new favorite band & song !! (original link fixed)

Penny & Katy Lou

1 Like

Dave, give me a call or text at 980-721-6721 anytime, really had a blast! Stay well and keep pickin’!

Hi Dave the link to your new band does’nt work I end up on Google login page

Fixed it - thanks!

2 Likes