Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

October 2020 Cabin Camp Stories and pictures PLEASE!

it must all be great! very nice community! I wish I could be there one day :blush: Just fantastic!

6 Likes

Thanks for posting those awesome videos @Simone! Looks like a wonderful camp.

6 Likes

Awesome fun! Wish I could have been there too! Thanks @BanjoBen & @Simone for sharing all of this!

6 Likes

Penny & Katy Lou

1 Like

@buckeyedave69
The link you posted isn’t working for me. Not sure why, but I wonder if others are having the same problem?

1 Like

@Severin - it was alot of fun! Maybe one day you will go there!

@Stuart.Gamble - thanks! Glad you enjoyed the videos! I’ve still got some more, just haven’t uploaded them all yet. Camp was great!

@xmark - Awesome fun for sure! We missed you at this camp, as well as others that attended july!

4 Likes

doesn’t work for me either.

1 Like

link should be good now :grimacing:

1 Like

All good now! :+1:

1 Like

This is a quite unusual version of a song, check it out:

6 Likes

Hey Campers, if you don’t have a video of your band’s performance, plz let me know & I’ll send you an “unlisted” link, or it can be posted - if you wish. I recorded all the bands (while still wearing a mandolin around my neck!:rofl:). Its cell phone vid. Just let me know your band # & name.
:clap: Great Job to all the bands! :clap:

5 Likes

“Bushy Tailed Banjo Mob” videos from Oct Camp:
Amazing Grace 2 ways:

And The Old Homeplace:

13 Likes

It’s both humbling and a blessing to be the least talented picker on the stage–especially when it’s your stage :wink:

Kyle Cantrell and me. He’s a dear friend and brother.

16 Likes

Excellent!

1 Like

The Melting Pot Squirrel Stew band debuted at the October Cabin Camp! Yes, that’s right, members came together from Germany, Wyoming, Missouri, Alabama, and Louisiana to meld their talents into a potpourri of music sure to please every musical tastebud. @Wayne_H kicked off the Circle with a great intro and poured out some tasty banjo chops on the first break. Becki vamped background banjo and was the secret sauce that held this dish together. Rich, Peter, and Wayne danced around the mic in a perfectly choreographed and efficient use of the main microphone, while @HeloSteve spiced up the performance with a great mandolin break and added vocals to the big finish. Rich and Peter blended their harmonized guitar parts on their break and swapped vocal parts throughout the song, adding to the nuanced complexity of this presentation. Yes, there were many cooks contributing to this stew, and this was one sweet recipe for success, hahahahaha!

Thanks to @Simone for the video and thanks to @BanjoBen for a great camp!

16 Likes

Outstanding performance of Will the Circle Be Unbroken. Great way to kick off my morning!

5 Likes

What a great session well done all!

2 Likes

Nice job, guys! That was fun, and thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

Thanks Rich, I like getting credit for being the secret sauce! I enjoyed playing with the Stews. Becky

4 Likes

Hey @blkelk31051, I didn’t know your forum name, so I’m glad you saw this! It was great playing with you at camp! And you ARE the secret sauce behind the Melting Pot Squirrel Stew!

2 Likes